Chapter Forty Six- Part Two

Everyone was stunned, silent. My heart was in my chest as Beast pushed the gun harder against Rory's head.

Her eyes were squeezed shut, her face pale.

Sin was the first one to react. "I'll fucking kill you Beast." He pushed through the crowd storming towards Beast, his face protraying the murder he spoke of.

"If you move, I'll kill her." Beast spoke, yanking Rory's hair so that her head lifted. "I never liked her. "

Kody finally reacted now, slowly stepping in front of me, sending me a look, before taking a small step towards his sister. "What the fuck do you want? What the fuck are you doing?"

Beast laughed. It was obvious that he was drunk, everyone could see it. "You know exactly what I want, Cap. You were too pussy to give it to me."

kody quickly glanced at his dad who looked scared for his life. "Let go of my sister, Beast. We can talk about this shit."

I could tell that he was feigning calmness. I knew deep down he was raging.

Beast laughed. "I wish it was your bitch that walked in the house. It was supposed to be her. That would be better. Your bitch and your seed." again he laughed.

Chills ran through me.

"Alex!" Sin yelled getting Beasts attention. "Let her the fuck go. I'm not going to ask you again."

Tears fell down my face as I took an unconcious step forward. Rory's eyes remained tightly closed.

I actually saw a bit of fear flash through Beast's expression at Sin's words.

"If you have a problem with me- take it out on me." Kody said.

I knew he was going to do it. I knew he would offer himself to save his sister's life but my heart still stopped. "Kody don't-"

"Stay behind me, Ezra." He said taking a couple more steps toward Beast. "Please." he mumbled just loud enough for me to hear.

When he broke through the crowd, Beast laughed. "You take one more step and you're going to be wearing your sister's brains."

It looked ridiculous, Beast pressing a gun to Rory's head, Kody sacrificing himself. That stupid fucking balloon still tucked in his shirt.

It all looked ridiculous.

"You're still a pussy, Beast. You have a clear shot at me but you're still hiding behind a female."

Beast glared at Kody.

"Be a fucking man," Kody shouted. I knew he was getting desperate, I was frozen in my spot.

Kody sent his dad a look, before taking one more cautionary step. "You're just like your fucking father, Beast."Kody's voice was cold now as if he knew how those words would cause Beast to react.

Everything else seemed to happen in slow motion.

Beast let go of Rory, pushing her away from him before swinging the gun to Kody. Mr. Vincent charged at him, knocking the gun out of his hand. There was a deafening pop as the gun went off.

Immediately everyone began too move. Sin was at Rory's side immediately, scooping her off of the ground nad pulling her against him. Mr. Vincent was accompanied by King and Ghost. Together the held Beast down. Jamie kicked the gun out of the way quickly.

"Ezra!" Kody shouted over the screaming in my ears. I felt his hands wrap around my arms as he pulled me against him. "You're okay." He mumbled wrapping his arms around me. The numbness wore off and I hugged him back, my hands sliding down his back. When my fingertips touched something wet, I raised a brow, bringing a hand up to my face.

My fingertips were stained red and my vision went hazy as I slowly released my grip on him. I didn't even notice that Kody had went limp in my arms until he slumped down. "Help me!" I screamed, falling to the ground when he placed all of his weight on me.

"I'm shot?" He sounded high as his eyes fluttered closed. "He shot me Ezra?"

I grabbed a handful of napkins that someone handed me, pressing them to his lower abdomen where more blood was escaping. "You're going to be okay, Kody. Just keep your eyes open."

His eyes weren't even open now as he mumbled something, putting his bloody fingers to my hair. "Ezra, wait. "

I grabbed his hand, squeezing it as someone screamed at the paramedics on the phone. "I'm right here, Vincent. stay with me please."

He smirked, his expression tired. "I love you, Lewis." He mumbled before drifting off.

I sat frozen in place, my hands covering his wound until the paramedics arrived. when they did they cut off his shirt, throwing it aside as they worked on his injuries. His once white shirt fell to the grass, stained with red blood and pink dye.

******************************************

The waiting room was packed. Everyone from the party was here. Sin sat next to me, Rory in his lap. His expression was still hard and he wouldn't let anyone besides her father touch her. I understood his anger. I had plenty of my own.

Mr. Vincent sat on the other side of me. He'd given his statement to the police and had gotten his eye checked out. aparently he'd landed on a rock when he'd tackled Beast.

Aiden sat beside him, tense and ready to spring.

When the doctor walked out, everyone stood up, giving him every ounce of attention.

"Kody Vincent?" The doctor asked eyeing the room. when everyone contiued to stand he raised a brow. "Ah- He wants an Ezra Lewis?"

My eyes burned as I tried my hardest to keep the tears from falling. He asked for me. He was awake. He was talking.

Aiden grabbed my shoulder pulling me to the front of the room. "This is Ezra. Is he okay?"He said it calmly which is better than I can say for myself because I couldn't even open my mouth to speak. I just wanted to see him.

The doctor looked out of his element. "He uh- he's going to be on strong medicine. We closed the wound and there won't be any permanent damage. He'll be weak and in pain for a couple of days but he should recover nicely."

I tried to take his words on faith but I kept seeing Kody's blood on my hands. I needed to physically see.

"Can I see him?" I asked, my voice low and raspy. I was still wearing the white dress only now it was filthy with dirt grass and blood. I know I must have looked like the bride of chucky to the doctor.

He looked down at me sighing, "It would make my job a whole lot easier if you would. "

And he lead the way.