Chapter Thirty Six

I didn't know how Aiden planned to get Grace out of the house and I didn't ask. I did make him promise me that I wasn't taking him to a fight. When he complied, I simply followed his instructions and pulled my car in front of a house that was so big it made the Vincent's house look like an apartment.

He didn't speak the whole way there but as we got closer I could feel the anger radiating off of him get stronger and stronger. I knew he would want to go in fist swinging.

I kind of wanted to go in fist swinging as well. I didn't like the idea of a college student preying on a sophomore. But I knew how girls thought. We had to play this carefully.

"Let me talk to her first." I said as I turned the car off.

Aiden already had his door opened. "Yeah right."

I opened my own door keeping my voice down as I explained. "She doesn't want to talk to you Aiden. She'll most likely listen more if I talk to her. I'll tell her her dad is looking for her. Confuse her enough to get her into the car."

"Fine." He shrugged. "I'll talk to Bryce."

I shook my head. No way was I going to be responsible for Kody's little brother getting beat up by some college kid. Even if he did look like he could handle himself.

"I'll talk to both of them. Let's not make this difficult. If my plan doesn't work, then you come in. We'll get her out."

He shook his head. "I'm not letting you talk to Bryce by yourself. Kody would kill me."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to talk. You can wait by the car and observe."

He sent me a look that basically said he was going to do anything but observe but it was all I could come up with. "Two minutes." I said again before walking to the door.

As I briskly knocked on the front door trying not to wake the whole house up, I thought throughout my actions. I didn't know if I was doing the right thing by bringing Aiden here. I'd obviously underestimated his temper. Kody had warned me about it, but seeing it for myself baffled me.

But I wanted to get Grace out of this situation and hopefully get her to stop breaking Aiden's heart.

The door swung opened and a tall dark haired man stared down at me, his eyes trailing over my body. "Who the hell are you?" He asked when his eyes finally landed on my face.

I got serious creeper vibes from him, but I simply took a step back. "Bryce?" I asked, even though I was sure I got the right person.

He smiled, chewing on his bottom lip. "Who's asking, sweetheart?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm looking for Grace. I've been told she was here."

His flirtatious expression didn't falter. "She's not here right now. You could come in if you want, check for yourself."

I clenched my teeth. "Do you know where she went?"

When he reached a hand out to play with the tips of my hair, I took another step back.

"Why're you worried about some sophomore. She's got nothing on you?"

I rolled my eyes. He was actually delusional. "I'm looking for her." I said again. "I'm a friend of hers."

He didn't even register what I said. "Grace sure does have some nice looking friends. You sure are built to be a sophomore."

This comment infuriated me. I was very aware of my body since I started showing. I dressed to conserve it and I had on sweats and a long sleeved T-shirt. It was like he had X-ray vision.