Breaking Bedrock 2: (insert rock pun here)

Start from the beginning

"That's understandable."

As the conversation continues it grows dark and Xisuma bids farewell and returns home to his base.

..........

"Come on," Zedaph bleats, pulling Impulse into his base to show off some new contraption.

"Give me a moment," He mutters as he tries to avoid tripping over the rocks that are scattered around the outside of his base.

"Ok, ok," Zedaph says his hands up in mock surrender, "Don't get all prickly on me. You don't have to be stone cold."

"Ha, ha. Very funny."

He sticks out his tongue and grins mockingly at him, "Well, we're here now."

He drags Impulse inside the cave and drags him over to his storage area. As he shows the odd way of reaching things off Impulse scrunches up his nose.

"Are you ok?" He asks suddenly concerned for his friend.

"Yeah, I'm ok. I just feel really weird all of a sudden."

Zedaph hums thoughtfully then heads up the ladder, "We are going to sit down and figure out what just happened before we continue."

"We really don't need to do this," He protests as Zedaph pushes him into a chair.

"Yes, we do. Anyways, what happened?"

Relenting to the questioning Impulse responds with, "It kinda started yesterday, my eyes changed and it was like I had a night vision potion. It wasn't bad or anything just kinda weird. When I was heading down in your Storage I felt drawn down."

"There's some exposed bedrock down there if that's what was happening?"

"That might be it," Impulse muses as he runs his hand over a smooth patch of bedrock on his other hand.

The pair continue to talk for a while longer before going back to the contraptions. After Zedaph had explained what the contraption was used for Impulse spends a while experimenting and messing around with the ideas.

After a while Impulse bids farewell and heads off towards the shopping district to check his beacon profits. When he arrives he steps on the pressure plate as normal and almost instantly clamps his hands over his ears. Jumping off the pressure plate he digs into the redstone controlling the beacon light show. Looking around the redstone he cautiously pokes around, nothing is different so he heads back up.

Mumbo is in the district, probably getting some more redstone supply. As he wanders past Impulse he pauses for a moment, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, I just forgot how loud the light show is."

Mumbo grins, "Yeah, those can get pretty loud."

Impulse gives a smile before heading off and back towards his base.

As he walks he thinks to himself and comes to a conclusion, since he's drawn towards bedrock, semi sensitive to light, and loud noises. It's clearly the meteors doing and it's probably some sort of weird instinct that popped up.

He hums as he considers what to do. In the end, he decides to leave it be and simply alter what he's doing. If he needs to make his base darker, he'll make his base darker. And if some of his farms are too loud he'll move to a quieter spot to AFK.

...........

"Heads," Tango deadpans as he throws something across the room.

In an attempt to dodge the object Impulse accidentally falls off his chair landing in a heap on the cold floors of his base.