Say Something Part 2

Start from the beginning

Vanessa cleared her throat and motioned towards each child that was present.

Shawn scratched his head and began again. Beyoncé held her breath this time.

"Aight look, Chloe went to the vending machine to get Blue a snack, but after ten minutes or so went by, I figured she shoulda been back. I went looking for her thinking she might've got lost or something and found her with that man," Shawn appeared disgusted.

"What man," Beyoncé looked over at her eldest foster daughter, her voice slightly raised.

"Their old foster father, Mike," Shawn replied.

Beyoncé rushed to Chloe, dropping Halle's hand in the process, and kneeled in front of the sulking teen. She looked up at Bey; her eyes full of kindness and vulnerability. The singer grabbed the young teen's hand. Immediately, Chloe could feel the connection to the superstar and it overwhelmed her enough to shy away from the touch.

"Did that man hurt you," Bey's words were tumbling out of her mouth with an urgency that could only be explained by her maternal impulses being on one today.

Bey reminded Chloe so much of her late mother that anytime the singer spoke or looked her way she'd have to do a double take. Of course not by looks, both women were beautiful in their own right, but she could spot kindred spirits when she came across them. Beyoncé rested her hands on the arms of Chloe's chair. The apprehension was stacking inside the teen. She had to move away from the blonde's speculative and sincere eyes; it was complicating her emotions and dimming her clarity. She looked away.

"No," Chloe said; her face not matching her words.

"Chlo,"  her voice still and soft, but pleading as she turned the girl's chin gently to face her.

Chloe's eyes were filled with thick tears and a million words left unsaid.

"You can tell me," Bey tried.

The teen opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by another familiar voice.

"Uh Uh cuz the fact that I even have to come down to this tacky ass building is pissing me off! Girl, trynna talk to me about some damn kids. Could you believe that," Tasha rounded the corner loudly chopping it up on the phone.

Chloe's head jerked up and her eyes found their way over to her younger sister who stood beside Angela looking as if she'd seen the devil incarnate