Group Assignment

"Okay, moving on," Ms. Mendeleiev said, rolling her eyes as Nathaniel closed the door behind him. "We'll be working on a school project. I'll put the fourteen of you into groups and you will do a presentation on particle physics."

She glanced around the room, nodded then looked at her list. "Alix, Mylene, and Ivan. Then we have Rose, Juleka, and Max." She nodded satisfactorily. "We also have Kim and Nathaniel.
The next particle physics presentation group is Nino, Adrien and Alya."

"Oh, so lucky!" you heard Marinette say.

"And then, Sabrina, Chloé and Marinette."

"So unlucky," Alya said. You turned to look at the both of them, their faces a spectrum of emotions. You weren't sure exactly what was happening, but you had heard every name in the class except yours.

"Uh, Miss, can't you add her to another group?" Chloe asked, standing up. "Like, Nathaniel and Kim? Sabrina and I work much better on our own."

"This is a group presentation, not pairs! Deal with it."

"I hate dealing with it!" Chloe pouted. She huffed and fell back into her seat.

"The only reason Nathaniel and Kim are in a pair is that they have the worst grades in the class and I don't want them leeching off their partners." Adrien raised his hand, and she turned her attention to him. "Yes, Mr. Agreste?"

"What about (Y/N)?"

"What about her?" She crossed her arms and sneered.

"She doesn't have a group, ma'am."

"Fine, since you care so much she can be in your group. Nino, your with Nathaniel and Kim." Ms. Mendeleiev rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, sneering at the students. "Is that to your satisfaction?"

Adrien nodded sheepishly and another agitated squeak came from behind you. It was Marinette again, and Alya grabbed her by the arms and tried to calm her down, whispering once again.

You leaned over to talk to Adrien. "Do you understand them?"

"I could, but I tune it out. It's rude to listen in on other people's conversations." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and fiddled with a pencil in his hand.

"What's 'rude'?"

"Not nice."

"Okay, but I think they're talking about us," you whined, glaring to the side and scrunching up your nose.

"I'm sure they're not. Marinette's really nice, she would never."

"I hope you're right."

~●♡●~●♡●~●♡●~●♡●~●♡●~●♡~●♡●~

The class was sent off to the library to work on the project, and you, Adrien, and Alya walked in a small group. Adrien and Alya chatted about what you assumed was the project and the roles. You caught bits and pieces of what they were saying, but there was a lot of vocabulary you didn't understand.

"Well, (Y/N) and I can get the information together, you and her can arrange the board and write the summary, and then all three of us can present it," Adrien suggested, but Alya shook her head.

"I think (Y/N) and I can decorate the board with the information you gather, and we can all present it. I mean, you don't want her to do to much."

Adrien looked at you with calculating eyes. "I just thought it would be a good way for her to be exposed to as much French as possible. Ultimately, it's her decision, though."

"I think Adrien is right," you decided. Alya groaned quietly and threw her bag on the table in the library as you neared it.

"Why don't we all gather information?" Alya offered, smiling innocently.

"Sounds alright to me."

"Yeah!" you said happily, pulling out a chair and sitting down. "That gives us time to get that ice cream you tell me about."

"Told," Alya said glumly, as if she'd just lost a fight. She buried her face in her arms. Unbeknownst to you, she tried everything in her power to limit your alone time with Adrien, and Marinette would be very upset.

But it seemed as though Marinette had other problems to attend to. She had already been in the library when you walked in, talking tiredly with Chloe and Sabrina. They appeared to be arguing back and forth about their project, but Chloe was holding up a beret teasingly in front of Sabrina's face.

"No, excuse me, but you are trying to steal my friend from me, with homework!" Chloe yelled suddenly, slamming her fist on the table. You tried your best to ignore them, but it was hard.

Suddenly, a beret fell on top of your head seemingly from thin air. You looked around in confusion, and when you landed on Adrien his eyebrows were stitched together.

"Are you okay?" he asked, you nodded quickly, picking up that something was wrong.

"Ahh! My hair!" You whipped your head around to see that Chloe had been hit by the falling berets as well. But, then a large pink hairdryer appeared over her head and whirred loudly as it began to blow. "Ahhh! Please! Please! Ahhhh!" She ran around the library, screaming for help and tying to shake the hairdryer off her trail.

"(Y/N), don't worry," Adrien told you. He put his hand on your shoulder and baller his other hand into a fist. "I'm sorry I forgot to tell you about Akumas and the villains that attack Paris. But, Ladybug and Chat Noir should be here any minute. Just go hide!"

You ran out behind a bookshelf and made sure no one was watching. You opened up your backpack and Vlaad zoomed out.

"This will be your first akuma!"

"Yeah! Vlaad! Ears out!"

You punched your hand outward and he whirled into your golden ring, turning it brown, and four orange stars appeared with a crescent moon.

You're extended your arms out to the side and a skin tight brown suit began to cover you all the way down to your fingertips. You ran a hand over your face and a brown mask appeared, and your eyes became a bright orange. From your own ears two large furry bat ears took form and your hearing increased. You spun around in circles, and as you did so orange fur sprouted over your torso and covered you like a crop top. It also sprouted over your feet to look like fuzzy boots.

Now you were ready.