"So, you're with Cassius now, aren't you?" he asked

I scratched my head and shrugged

"Yeah" I said

There was silence between us for a couple of seconds

"Does your father know?" he asked

"It doesn't matter" I said

"Should I go and tell him then?"

"No!" I yelled

He laughed afterwards

"What's so funny!?" I said

"You have to relax! If you don't want me telling your father that you have a boyfriend, just say so"

I nodded

"Thankyou" I said

"I'm surprised you're not with Lucas" he said

The truth behind Cassius and I's relationship came back to me

"You have no idea" I said

"Unfortunately, Cassius is a little-" he made a face "you know?-"

"What?" I said

"Mentally deranged" he said, and we were both surprised when I gave him a slap across his cheek. He turned to me in fright afterwards

I shaked my head

"He's not what you think. He's just extremely enthusiastic" I said, and I started walking away

"Say everything you want about your boyfriend, Joe" he said, and I stopped walking, but I didn't turn around "but I'm just protecting you from dimples, that's all because it's possible that one day, you'll be as "extremely enthusiastic" as him"

I couldn't stand him anymore, I couldn't stand fighting with him anymore and I couldn't stand hearing these things about Cassius anymore. Cassius may not be my boyfriend, but still, he's a helping hand. I started walking away from Callum, and then I turned back to him...

"ohh and by the way? His dimples makes him cute and attractive. Meanwhile, you need a haircut because your hair's starting to look like Medusa's" yep! He totally needs a haircut.

What's gotten into Callum anyways? He's like a male version of April now.

***

"So, I heard you're dating Cassius now" Helena said to me while we were studying for Biology in the Library

"And I heard you're maneuvering Luke" I said, but I didn't look at her or anything. I just carried on with reading my Biology book and taking down notes.

"Wha-" she gave a small laugh "I'm not- I'm not maneuvering him, alright! I'm just giving him something you can't give" she said.

I closed my book and turned to her

"What is that, may I ask?" I said

"Appreciation" she said

"Just because I rejected him when he asked me out, it doesn't technically mean I don't appreciate the things he does for me. I'm just not ready to be in a relationship"

"Why are you with Cassius then?!"

"Really?! Really! Well, that's it! Fine! I'll admit it! I don't like Luke that way, But that doesn't mean I don't show him enough appreciation!" I said "I mean, c'mon! Just tell me! What do you even want me to do?! Force myself to like him back?!"

"Is that why you're with Cassius now?! Because you like him better that Luke!?"

"I'm with Cassius because I don't want him to get hurt-"