wonwoo could join their conversation as mingyu was sleeping soundly at his shoulder but he wouldn't wake him up. he kept getting lost in his thoughts, and sooner enough they were parking outside mingyu's house.

wonwoo shook mingyu lightly to wake him. but mingyu just hugged wonwoo's hand tighter, which made wonwoo chuckle.

"we are home,"

mingyu opened his eyes, blinking a little bit before he let go of wonwoo's hand, and they both went out of the car, and said their goodbyes to seokmin and sooyoung.

"it was really fun today, i haven't seen the sea in ages!" soonyoung screamed. wonwoo shushed sooyoung because it was really late. seokmin and mingyu laughed.

after a short while, soonyoung gave the keys to mingyu, and he and seokmin went off. mingyu and wonwoo went inside.

everyone was pretty much asleep besides mingyu's mom, which sat in the kitchen making side dishes.

"oh hello," she said as she saw them walk by. wonwoo stopped, and bowed, polite as he was, while mingyu went by to his bedroom.

"hello again," she said, smiling really widely. she suddenly looked at her son walking fast into his bedroom.

"mingyu! come on, please keep me company while i make these, i can even find something really good to eat,"

mingyu did an u-turn, bringing wonwoo with him to the kitchen table, sitting them both down.

mingyu's mom brought kimbap to the table, and gave them both a pair each of chopsticks. mingyu started eating right away, while wonwoo looked hesitant. mingyu looked at the older. "come on, eat!" he said while shoving one bite into his mouth. wonwoo looked a little flustered, bringing a hand to his mouth, before he started chewing.

"i just wanna say wonwoo," mingyu's mom started, a little pause in between her words," that you can stay as long as you want, okay? mingyu called me earlier and told me all about the situation,"

wonwoo looked at mingyu, wondering when he had told her about it as they had been together all day and he couldn't recall him talking to his mom about him in front of him. but then he remembered that mingyu had gone away for a little while at the beach speaking to someone on the phone, wonwoo had watched him from a distance.

"oh, thank you," he said while bowing to his mom. "no need to thank me, thank mingyu," she said, pointing towards him.

mingyu smiled awkwardly towards his mom before he looked at wonwoo which looked at him.

"thank you," he said. mingyu smiled towards him, taking wonwoo hand and squeezing it while nodding.

"what did you tell your mom?" wonwoo asked mingyu later. they were in mingyu's room, sitting in front of each other on his bed. mingyu was washing off the concealer on wonwoo's face with a makeup wipe. mingyu stopped and brought his hands to his lap.

"i- i didn't tell her about the," he begun, motioning to his own cheek, "i just told her that you came out to your parents and they didn't take it so well,"

he looked at his face to see if there was any reaction, but wonwoo didn't have any. he just looked empty in front of himself, nodding.

"and then i asked her if you could stay here," mingyu said, before he brought a smile to his face, he then proceeded with his words, "with me," he said, almost jumping in for a hug around wonwoo's waist. again wonwoo seemed a little taken aback by his action but hugged him back shortly after. mingyu, then looked up at him and wonwoo smiled to him.

"how do i look?"

mingyu released him and took a deeper look at him. it was faded red dots across his cheek which still was there, but it had gotten a lot better than how he looked yesterday.