"Thank you for being a good friend. I don't have many friends, they mostly stopped talking to me when my brother passed away," my heart broke from what he told me.

"I'll always be your friend, maybe even more if you're willing to let me," he lifted his face as a warm smile illuminated from his lips.

"As much as I want to, I'm going to hold off on any relationships right now but can we cuddle like this often," I was disappointed because I would definitely want to be with him but I have to respect his decision.

We talked and laughed that afternoon until his dad came home and we helped him bring in the groceries.

It was two days before Thanksgiving so we started prepping the turkey and side dishes. Espian was himself again. He would have breakdowns but holding him and making him feel safe helped with his depression.

It's was finally Thanksgiving. James and I woke up early to marinate the turkey and put it in the oven. I prepared the Mac and Cheese while he did the mash potatoes. It was almost midday and Espian hasn't woke up. I cleaned my hands and headed upstairs.

I quietly opened the door and saw he was still laying in bed. "Hey honey badger, you coming down to help?" He didn't respond as I scrunched my face. I walked closer and laid next to him. He groaned like a little kid. "Hey wake up and eat something," I hugged him as he groaned even more.

"I'm not feeling so good," he said softly. I got closer to his neck and gave him a small peck. His skin was burning up. I put my hand on his forehead and it was burning.

"Espian I think you have a fever," I uncovered him when I saw his clothes were drenched in sweat. My heart started racing as I ran downstairs.

I entered the kitchen. "Where do you have your medicine cabinet?" James looked at me curiously as he pointed at a cupboard.

"Right there, what's going on?" He dropped the knife in the sink.

"Espian has a fever, that's why he's been in bed," I grabbed the pills and bottled water. I bolted upstairs as James followed.

I sat next to him as I propped him into my arms. "Hey open your mouth," he slowly opened it as I popped two pills in his mouth. I poured some water as I saw him swallow.

"Damnit, I forgot he gets fevers when he goes through stress or depression, this is my fault," he moved his fingers over his hair as his eyes got glossy.

"He'll be fine. I hope," I held him in my arms as his face was full of sweat and his body shivered. "You'll be fine kid, just let the pills take effect,"

"I'll be downstairs finishing up, call me if you need anything," James walked out and closed the door. I leaned in and kissed Espian on his sweaty cheeks.

A couple of hours passed and his fever went down. I took a nap next to him when I felt a poke on my side. "Ahh, your fingers are scrawny," I joked around as I heard his pleasant laugh.

"I'm sorry for scaring you. I should take care of myself more. Did my dad tell you I usually get them when I stress out?" I glanced at him as I pinched his cheeks.

"Yeah, he told me. I got scared but I know you'll pull through," I avoided his gaze.

"Liar," he got on top of me as I held his petit waist. He leaned in and kissed me on my cheek then on my neck. "Thank you again," and one last kiss on my cheek.

He got off me and started taking his clothes off. "Hmm, what are you doing?" I raised my brow as I started checking out his gorgeous body. He definitely had a swimmers build. He was a much lighter tone than me but his skin looked silky soft.

"What you never saw a naked guy before?" He smirked as he continued to take off the last piece of clothing.

"I've seen plenty kid," I smirked as he was fully naked in front of me. I must say he has nice assets. A perfect V shape in front of his abs and I could tell he has a perky butt.

"Come shower with me," he grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bed.

"What?! Your dad is in the house. I do respect him,"
He pouted his mouth.

He got closer and tiptoed to my ears. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him," he smiled as he rubbed his thumb on my hand. "Besides we aren't going to do anything in the shower. I just thought why not take one with you?" I thought about it.

"Hmm hard choice," I started to take off my clothes as his face lit up. He couldn't stop admiring my body. I'm finally down to my underwear as I slowly took them off. His eyes widen when he saw my member dangling.

"Woah that's hmm big," his eyes didn't move as I chuckled.

I pulled him closer as I grasped his plump ass. "You don't know how hard it is right now not to turn you over and make you mine," I whispered in his ear as I saw his body shiver. "And I'm also glad you feel better," he chuckled as he pulled me in the bathroom.

It was a different experience from what I've had in the past. Believe it or not, we only took a shower. I washed his back and he washed mine. A couple of times I got rock hard but it's to be expected. He only laughed as he hugged me. We stayed in the shower for a good hour. We mostly talked as he kept teasing me but I didn't want to give him false hope. Or was he giving me false hope? All I know he's special to me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

We finally got ready and made it downstairs. James had already finished setting the table as we feasted on the delicious dinner and heart warmed side dishes. We finally got to the soft pumpkin pie. I could absolutely say this was going to be one of my favorite Thanksgiving memories. Regardless of the pain that went on. I felt a deeper connection with Espian then ever before.

"I hope you come back for Christmas break. My house is open to you whenever you want," we sat in the car as James dropped us off at the airport.

"Thanks, I'll let you know," I shot a grin at Espian who sat in the back.

"Let's go, we are late," Espian unbuckled his belt and kissed his dad on the cheek.

"Thanks for the hospitality," I shook his hand as he padded my shoulder.

"No problem son, take care of him for me," I nodded as we got out and grabbed his luggage. We ran to the check-in and we finally boarded the plane.

We finally landed in California. I ordered an Uber and we finally got to campus. I was tired as hell. We finally made it to our dorm.

"Dorm Sweet Dorm," I joked as I placed my backpack on the table.

Espian immediately hugged me as I wrapped my arms around him. Damn, this kid is really getting to me.

"Thank you again for going. I don't know what I would've done without you," he looked up at me as he leaned up and finally planted his soft lips on mine. He pulled away quickly as he leads me to his room. We got into comfortable clothes as we immediately fell asleep.