Home Sweet Home

*ESPIAN*

Troy and I didn't really celebrate Halloween. He invited me to a Halloween party but we ended coming back to the dorm. He dressed up as a gladiator and I dressed up as Spider-Man. He was drunk as he wanted to recreate the Spider-Man scene when Mary Jane kissed Spider-Man while he hung upside down but that didn't happen because, well he passed out on the couch.

Thanksgiving is coming and I'll be going home for a couple of days. I do miss my dad. I talk to him here and there but he's always busy with work. He does construction so right now he's been busy building a skyscraper downtown, so when I do talk to him it's very limited.

Troy ignores me when I reach the parent topic, he either changes the subject or tells me he has something to do. I would think because I told him what happened with my brother that he would open up a bit more about his family but that wasn't the case.

Shane and I have grown farther apart since we've started school and this pain has been digging itself deep inside my heart. Troy definitely has helped me cope with are falling but he's also kept his distance. I know he wants to kiss me most of the time but he stops himself. He sneaks into my room most of the time to cuddle with me and I'll be honest, it's nice to have someone fill my void with their warmth. Guilt sometimes takes over but it's less now. I guess deep inside I knew Shane and I would drift away but I didn't think it would be so fast.

He hardly texts me and when he does it a one-word response, those are the lethal texts that kill me softly inside. When I call him he always tells me he's going to call me back but it never happens. I still love him but it's slowly drifting away. When I go over I'll make a surprise visit to his dorm and see where we stand.

Jayden and I have become good friends but I also think he likes me. He always stares at me while we eat or he tries to pull me into a hug but fails at it. I think it's cute but I only see him as a friend. He's going back to visit his family for Thanksgiving so that's nice to hear.

Troy has been calmer lately. He studies more than me and he doesn't party like the first couple of weekends of the semester. I hardly see him hooking up with anyone but maybe his incident has leashed him down. He's always attentive to where I'm going and who I'm hanging out with. I find it pretty odd but at the same time, I feel protected even though we are friends.

I came out with damp hair and some comfortable clothes. It was mid-afternoon on a Saturday and Troy was watching television. He flipped channels but he never stayed on one. I walked closer to him as I laid on top of him. He held me tight as the room became colder from the winter season creeping up.

"Damn it's getting cold," I said as I shivered.

"You just need my warmth kid," his voice sent shockwaves down my spine. Why does he make me feel wanted? He always says the right words and he always makes me feel a tight knot deep inside me.

"So you're staying here for Thanksgiving?" He sighed as he turned off the television.

"Sorry I didn't mean to upset you," he pulled me closer to him as I heard his heartbeat faster inside his chest.

"I don't have a family," his words hit a chord inside me, it tugged and hurt at the same time.

"Ohh sorry," I lifted my head as he looked down on me. He lifted the side of his lips as his eyes twinkled at me. His eyes were grayer today, which hypnotized me but I averted back to his chest.

"It's fine man, I lived with foster parents my whole life. I kept running away because they treated me like shit. I worked at a restaurant cleaning tables and washing dishes when I noticed an elderly man would come to eat by himself all the time. He would always order the same soup and salad as he was always quiet. One day I was cleaning a table close to him when he asked me what I plan to do with my life. It was weird but he was the first person that asked me that? Long story short I told him my living situation and he took me under his wings," he choked on some of his words as I grasped his hand and intertwined my fingers with his.