After the operation, he didn't want to leave Ahsoka to make a trip to his quarters, so he changed right back into his blood-stained and dirt-ridden tunic. It's a stark contrast to Ahsoka's crisp, clean hospital gown which is far too big and looks like it's about to swallow her whole.

He grips the edge of his tunic and sniffs, nearly gagging at how awful he smells. Ahsoka will not like that smell when she wakes up. His fears about someone attacking her return to the front of his mind...

Trust your wife to watch over your student, Chosen One.

"I won't be long." He promises, kissing Padmé's hand and then releasing her. "Call me if-"

"I will." Padmé cuts him off before he leaves the room.

After showering, Anakin feels a million times better.

Ahsoka's alive.

Amputated leg or not, she's still here, and that's what matters most, even if he still wants to tear the bounty hunter's throat out.

Rako Hardeen; Anakin found out his name. Master Yoda gave him a direct order to arrest this notorious criminal within the next twelve hours, and Anakin will happily comply.

He's heading back to Ahsoka's recovery room- the sun just setting on Coruscant- with newfound optimism when something stops him.

During his time in the fresher, Anakin opened himself back up to the Force. With Ahsoka being on the heavy-duty painkillers, she isn't projecting pain through their Force bond anymore.

Upon opening the Force, Anakin has a very sudden realisation.

He hasn't seen Obi-Wan since they arrived at the Temple the night before. He had a duty to report the incident to the Council, but the report surely didn't take all night. Usually, if he or Ahsoka are hurt, Obi-Wan will stay nearby- if only to comfort the one who isn't on the hospital bed.

Now, with the Force, Anakin senses his Master's presence in the recovery room beside Ahsoka's.

He doesn't hesitate from opening the door, about to demand a reason why Obi-Wan is hiding away whilst Ahsoka is about to wake up to the news that she's lost her leg, when he sees his former Master laying on the hospital bed in a gown similar to Ahsoka's.

Dread settles in his gut, the same feeling he got when Ahsoka fell off the roof.

Obi-Wan is still, curled in the foetal position and seemingly asleep except Anakin hears the heart monitor pick up slightly and his Master's eyelids twitch.

Reassured Obi-Wan isn't on life-support or in a coma, Anakin takes a few steps forwards. It isn't the first time he's found the elder Jedi in the Halls of Healing without knowing any context, and he often does the same himself, so he isn't particularly offended, only confused.

"I know you're awake, old man." Anakin says once he reaches the side of Obi-Wan's gurney, "Want to tell me how you ended up in here?"

No reaction. Obi-Wan's Force-signature is swirling with apprehension and nervousness. What's he so worried about?

Anakin sighs and picks up the datapad clipped to the bed, hears his Master say, "That's patient confidentiality."

He scoffs in response, "Patient confidentiality, my shebs. I'm practically your next of kin." In his peripheral, he sees Obi-Wan peek his eyes open at him. "What is it? Stray blaster bolt wound? Busted ankle?"

Obi-Wan remains silent as Anakin locates the information he's looking for on the screen. It seems he was admitted to the Halls of Healing the night before, but why?