Tinanggal ng dalawa ang maskara. They looked alike, she thought.

“Easy. Is she your girlfriend?”

Lila guessed that the two are brothers.

“Get out of here,” taboy ni Ewan dito.

Biglang ngumisi ang lalaki. “Ah ikaw si Lila! I’m Eon, refined version of this guy. Malas ko lang na pareho kami ng mukha—aray!" Piningot ni Ewan ang tenga nito. "Ito nga aalis na!” Tumawa ito nang malakas. Ewan was playfully bickering with him until he really left the two of them.

“And that was my brother,” he said.

“Magkamukha nga kayo.”

He seem to dislike the idea. “Ang layo kaya,” tanggi pa nito.

Tinawanan niya lang ang lalaki. The music changed into a slower melody. The people around them automatically found their partners. Nagkatinginan silang dalawa.

“Will you dance with me?”

She pretended to think for a second.

“Ano pa nga ba?”

He grimaced. “Napilitan?”

Hinapit siya nito sa bewang at nilapit sa kanyang katawan. She felt his warmth. Even on her heels, she still can’t reach his face. It’s a good thing. Now, she have reasons not to take his intense gaze of her. The two of them swayed together. Lila swore that she had no sense of rhythm on her body but with Ewan leading, it’s like she knew what to do.

He leaned in closer to her ears and whispered. “Lila, I think you’re stealing the birthday girl’s spotlight.” She rolled her eyes at him. If anything, she looks the most average among these people. She’s not wearing any designer clothes on her body. She doesn’t even have a prominent name. She’s just Lila.

Ewan held her even closer. Nagwawala ang loob niya. She hoped that he can’t feel the slow quivers of her hands, the quick breaths she’s taking and the scattering of her brain behind her calm demeanor.

“Hello, darling. Can I have a dance with this dazzling man?” A woman interrupted.

Pareho silang napatigil. Natulala siya nang kanyang pagmasdan ang kabuoan ng babae. A tall woman wearing champagne colored gown, her hair in a messy bun and her eyes have a glint of mystery.

“Mom." Ewan kissed her.

Ito ba ang kanyang ina? Now, she knew where he got the looks.

His mom smiled at her. “And who’s this lovely lady?”

“I’m Lila po," agad niyang sagot.

Her eyes narrowed. “Lila Poe?”

“Lila lang po?”

“Lila lang?”

She shook her head. “Lila...”

“Mom, stop doing it," Ewan interjected and chuckled.

She rolled her eyes. “Hmp! Naglalambing lang. Fine, I’ll leave the two of you alone. Chika ka sa’kin mamaya and talk to your dad ha.”

His mom held her arm before bidding goodbye. Umalis din ito saka iniwan sila. Hindi niya namalayan na kanina pa pala siya nakangiti.

“Ang bait ng mommy mo," she commented.

“Total opposite of my Abuela, right?”

“Sobra," she exclaimed in agreement.

“Ewan! Ito na ‘yong future ng Visionary.”

A group of men went to talk to him. Ewan took a quick glance of her. He acted with an exaggerating exhaustion on his face. He mouthed 'help me'. She can't help but laughed at his animated face while the men were talking in unison.