Chapter 10 - Payback

En başından başla

He was about to run to find a taxi to get to work when Jack pulled him back.

"I'll give you a ride to work," Jack smiled.

Zhao Li An was about to refuse when he heard something related to his weakness.

"It's free."

That was his weakness. The magic word that would lure him: free. 

Zhao Li An liked free things. He grew up poor, so as much as possible, he and his grandmother would try to cut costs. If they could get things for free, then take it and do not let it slip!

"Okay." Zhao Li An nodded.

Jack then realized that he found this man's weakness. A sly smile was plastered on his face.

"Alright, come with me. Here." Jack handed over his red helmet. "I only have one. I'll get one for you later."

Get one for him later? What did he mean by that?

"Are you sure?" Zhao Li An was hesitant to take the helmet.

"I've been riding motorcycles for a long time. I'm quite good at it. Don't worry. You're in good hands." Jack winked at him.

"O-okay." Zhao Li An nodded as he wore the red helmet. It was heavy and did not fit him properly. Oh, well. It would protect him if an accident would happen.

Jack observed how his helmet fit on the policeman's head. It somehow looked funny. He never shared any of his items, especially his helmet to anyone, but Zhao Li An was an exception. Jack was not quite sure yet, but he knew that the policeman was an interesting fellow.

When Zhao Li An stood next to the motorcycle, he was actually excited. It was the first time he was going to ride a motorcycle. Although there was still nervousness, he thought that it would be an exhilarating experience.

He suddenly heard a knock on his helmet. When he looked up, Jack told him, "You'll be safe with me. I promise."

Zhao Li An oddly felt delighted hearing that. No one had told him that before. Also, he was the one who was supposed to say that since he was a policeman. He would never think that someone would say that, not from a gangster for sure.

He jokingly mocked Jack. "I'm the one who should say that line, you know."

The gangster did not say anything and only arrogantly smirked. "I don't need protection."

Turning on the motorcycle, Jack sat on the seat but gave enough space for his passenger to comfortably sit.

Getting on the back part of the seat, Zhao Li An innocently asked, "Where do I grab on?"

Jack turned his head and grabbed each of Zhao Li An's hands; he put them on his abdomen. "Now, hold on tight."

The little policeman did as he was told. It was then that his attention was caught by something. It was Jack's hard abs!

"Woah." Zhao Li An's eyes widened. He wanted to touch them more, but he was hesitant since he did not want to distract Jack while riding the motorcycle. He could just probably squeeze them? Would that be okay? He would not notice, right?

Yet, in a second, as soon as the motorcycle took off, his attention was once again redirected. Although he did squeeze Jack's abs tighter, it was not because he wanted to examine them. It was because he was afraid of falling.

Noticing that he slightly tightened his grip on him, Jack took it slowly first, so that Zhao Li An would get used to the ride and not get scared easily. Afterward, he gradually increased his speed.