Chapter 7 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 4

Holding his left arm tightly, Jack replied with a smirk on his face, "You should already know why I'm here."

With a sudden frown on Zhao Li An's face due to confusion while struggling to get free from Jack's grasp, "I-I don't understand."

It has been a while since he saw this person. Also, they have not interacted at all aside from seeing each other during Jack's brief detentions in the police station, so why would he be here saying as if they have talked before? Zhao Li An could not remember the time that they actually talked to one another.

"Alright, I'll remind you then," Jack said calmly as he waved the black and gold metal lighter in his black half-gloved hand in front of Zhao Li An's face.

"Ehh?" Zhao Li An was puzzled.

He pointed at the lighter as he asked with curiosity, "How did you get that?"

The slightly smaller police searched his pockets with his free right hand, "It's not here! Ehh...Where's my wallet!?"

As soon as he looked up, he saw his wallet being waved in front of his face too.

"Looking for this?" Jack teased as he continued to wave the wallet and the lighter.

"You! Why did you steal my wallet?" Zhao Li An asked as he tried to grab the wallet from Jack. Unfortunately, he was slightly smaller than Jack, so he could not reach his wallet.

Widening his eyes as if surprised, "Steal? Aren't you the first one to steal something from us?"

"Give my wallet back! And I haven't stolen anything from you!" Zhao Li An who was slightly annoyed said. How dare this gangster accuse him of stealing? His grandmother never taught him to steal! Also, he would not dare steal!

"You're already caught and you still dare lie? What kind of policeman are you?" Jack tilted his head as he mocked the smaller policeman.

"What are you talking about!? If you don't give my wallet back, I'm going to arrest you for stealing and harassing a public servant," Zhao Li An threatened as he grabbed his handcuffs, but they were also taken by Jack.

"You stole master Tang Yi's lighter. This one that was in your pocket," Jack said.

Zhao Li An stopped struggling as soon as he heard Jack's words. "That's Tang Yi's lighter?"

Jack nodded as he continued, "Not only was his lighter stolen, but also my butterfly knife was stolen too. Surely, you must have it?"

It was then everything clicked in Zhao Li An's head. The mysterious phantom thief that the S.I.D team had been trying to pursue aimlessly was that black pig that could teleport! It was not a person but a pig!

Thinking about it, it made so much sense. The pig could go to multiple places in such a short amount of time due to its teleporting ability. The reason that one item was only stolen per house was that the pig could only carry one thing in its mouth at a time. The item it could only steal could only be at the lower level of the shelves or cabinet because of his seemingly large body and small legs. No one realized any weird noises because the noises that the pig could have made were considered normal occurrences in the victims' houses that were nearby the pig farm.

With such realization, Zhao Li An momentarily stopped paying attention to Jack and turned around to face the pig farm nearby.

Seeing that the quirky policeman stopped paying attention to him, Jack faced the entrance of the pig farm for a quick second then moved in front of the policeman to block his view. Jack seemed to like to mess with this particular policeman.