Destress Calls (Dreamsharing AU)

This could be a lucid dream, but the two are not sure.

It's been like this for too long, maybe it was like this for a couple years. But again, they're not sure.

Inosuke's eyes open first, this time the setting was something so obsolete. It wasn't a garden, a field of any sort, but just a everlasting vast of water. So purple and pink, it was like it was marinated with the sunset sky. So orange and peachy.

He looks around, looking for the boy he always sees in these dreams. So he decides to wait patiently, while his eyes were fixated by this wonder if a place.

Tanjiro's lashes flutter open next, and here he appears within seconds. He looks everywhere until another figure catches his eyes. A pleasant smile was quickly planted as if he has seen someone dear, and to be honest, they really were. Now this is what Inosuke wanted to see. It felt as if it has been so incredibly long.

Now here are the two; alone. Feeling unconscious-but yet so awake.

Tanjiro rests his knees to the water, splashing blue. "This is so beautiful!" He beams. He smile was so unbreakable, and his eyes were so animated.

He looks to the other male looking at him, comfortable in his kimono. "Hey, Inosuke. Haven't seen you in a while."

Inosuke bends his head to the right and sighs deeply and admits, "Yeah."

He lets his knees fall and the rest of his body to sit next to Tanjiro, was has been waiting. Now the two face to face, Tanjiro looked across the mysterious land and back at Inosuke, who seems to not keep his eyes off him.

"Where were you?" Inosuke demands and his eyebrows arch into his eyelids, clearly mad by the other leaving.

Tanjiro's smile almost wilts away, he looks down with a exhausted smile, "I just had a lot going on-with Nezuko that is. Nothing too bad happened."

"What do you mean?" Inosuke furrows his blue brows.

"Let's not focus on that," Tanjiro reassures. "Can't we just have this peace until I'm back conscious?"

"Yeah, but..." Inosuke stops before a argument could erupt any time sooner.

The boy with blue hair huffs and sadly gives a nod of agreement, his face crinkle with disgust. Tanjiro sighs out of relief. Steadily, he crawls to the green eyed male and give him his wanting hug.

"I missed you." He whispers with a sudden shake in his throat.

"Me too."

"

I'm sorry Inosuke, I am!" Tanjiro's voice began to crack and hot drops of tears ripple across his red cheeks. The world became a bit warmer, but yet so cold.

The world began to snow, but instead being cold to the touch, they burn as soon as they hit skin.

This makes Hashibira's heart quench, it tightens, and he absolutely hates it. But alas, he leisurely drags his muscular arms and hug then around the other male his age.

He so wanted this.

"Please tell me the next time you need me." Tanjiro adds weakly.

"Why can't you just come to me?" Inosuke whines a growl, feeling his throat burn. "What's happening to you? Did you get hurt?!"

Tanjiro's gave Inosuke a strict look, he begins to chaste the vulgar male under him, "I told you to not worry about that!"

"What are you talking about!?" Inosuke shouts, feeling offended. "You expect me not to worry!? You've been gone for months it felt like years! And you have not even try to tell me anything!!"

L

istening to the other the other younger male vent made Tanjiro's blood moon eyes widen, his pupils darting left and right has he stared deeply onto Inosuke's frustrated expression.

"Just why?" Inosuke asks silently.

It all clicks.

"Why would I want to make you worry about me? Why would I want to drag you into it?"

Inosuke wanted to groan, he still wouldn't understand, which made the boy even more infuriated. "I have nothing else to worry about. What did you expect? For me to not give a damn about my friends?"

Tanjiro pauses, rolling his head onto the floor. He bows his head down respectfully, though his throat and chest burns from sensitive guilt.

"I...I'm." he whispers. "I'm sorry..."

"Stop saying that. It's not going to solve anything." Inosuke pants through his teeth, he scoots his knees closer to Tanjiro's figure being off guard. He then rests his forehead upon Tanjiro's, his eyes lay on Tanjiro's lap, his hands and fingertips tickling the water that was silently alive.

"Just let me back into your life."