Good Morning

Brendon woke up the next morning with a groan. The sun was streaming too brightly through his window. He buried his face in his pillow and gave a long sigh.

"You're up." He sprung from the bed, heart hammering his chest. His sleep was completely gone as he stood at the side of his bed.

Ryan stood on the other side of the room, head tilted and pajama pants hanging off his hips. Brendon turned away with a blush. He momentarily questioned why Ryan was in his room in only pajama bottoms. Did he not have a shirt? Brendon was sure those were his pants that were a little too big for him too.

"How are you feeling?" Brendon shifted awkwardly on his feet.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, last night at the party," Ryan cut off for a second. Brendon looked up for a second and saw Ryan tense, hands fisted and jaw clenched. After a deep breath, Ryan managed to relax his body. "You weren't feeling well, so I brought you home. I stayed to make sure everything was alright." Brendon nodded and stared down at his feet.

"So you slept on the bed with me?"

"No!" Ryan rushed out. "I slept on the floor. Your mom gave me enough blankets to make a misshapen bed. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything. Plus, I'm sure Pete would chop my dick off if I would've tried anything which I didn't.. want to I mean," Ryan continued to ramble.

"You talked to my mom last night," Brendon interrupted. Ryan nodded, shutting his mouth. "What did you tell her? Did she know that I was drunk?" Ryan shook his head quickly.

"I told her that we went out to eat and you got food poisoning. She didn't really question it much." Brendon nodded again. The room fell silent with Brendon occasionally glancing up at Ryan who was watching him carefully.

"What?" Brendon asked, not being able to handle being watched muched longer.

"You never answered my question. How are you feeling? Are you okay?" Brendon felt a small smile pull on his face when he noticed how concerned Ryan looked.

"I'm okay. Thank you." They stood for another minute before Ryan spoke up.

"We should probably get ready for school." Brendon picked up his phone and saw the time. It was nearing eight, so he hurried to his closet to find an outfit for the day. When he pulled a random pair of pants and shirt, he whipped around to see Ryan shuffling nervously to the bed. "What's wrong?"

"C-can I maybe um could I borrow some clothes for today? I wasn't expecting to sleep over." Brendon stood frozen for a minute before turning back to his closet. It flipped through his clothes deciding to throw Ryan a long pair of jeans and yellow shirt.

The pair got dressed quickly, Ryan in the bathroom for the sake of their privacy. Brendon felt rushed, needing to get out the door quickly to be on time. Ryan had to grab him by the shoulders to physically get him to stop moving.

"You know that I can drive us right? You don't have to run to school. We'll make it on time, I promise." He threw a teasing smile when Brendon ducked his head and nodded.

He couldn't remember the last time he got a ride to school. His parents would be gone for work by the time he had to leave and he still didn't have his own car yet. Now, he was gonna ride with Ryan to school. The thought alone was enough to cause stomach butterflies and flushed cheeks. Ryan was a danger to his rapidly beating heart, but he could likely deal with the heart attack if Ryan was the cause.