Day 7 - B

Brendon was sitting against his headboard, scrolling through his phone. Ryan was laying across the foot of his bed, shifted around. He put his phone down and looked over at Brendon. The boy was mindlessly looking through social media, unamused with his feed.

Ryan rolled onto his stomach, crossed his arms out in front of himself and rested his head. He studied Brendon's relaxed features. A strand of hair hung unbothered over his right eye, hiding the scar buried in his eyebrow. He watched Brendon's pupils moving back and forth over the screen in his hand. He was unconsciously biting at his lip, picking at loose skin.

His body was hunched over, legs pulled up, knee propping up the hand holding the phone. Every so often, Ryan was able to watch the corner of Brendon's lip pull up in a quick smile before falling back into a straight line. Ryan was curious what caused the start of a smile and wondered what would be needed to create the full grin.

"Why are you staring at me?" Ryan blinked a few times, focusing back on Brendon who put the phone down when he realized he was being stared at. Ryan looked down at the bed quickly.

"Nothing." Ryan looked back up when the bed shifted beneath him. Brendon had crawled over so he was almost pressed against him.

"Bored?" Ryan shrugged.

"Yeah." It wasn't really true. He could probably stare at Brendon for a few more hours, trying to figure out what made the boy tick, study the nuances that made up his personality. He wanted to be able to read Brendon like an open book, figure out what he was thinking from a simple look, the raise of an eyebrow. He wanted to know what was going on in the boy's head as he gave Ryan that mischievous smile.

~~~

"Tell me you at least know how to use this stuff," Ryan whimpered as Brendon smoothed hot wax on his leg hair. Brendon set the stick he had with wax aside and applied a strip of paper over Ryan's leg.

"You heat it up, put it on hair and rip it off. How hard can it be?" Brendon teased. He patted the paper firmly so the waxed hair stuck well. "You ready?" Ryan gripped the edge of the counter and squeezed his eyes shut.

"When you dared me to wax my legs, did you mean both completely or like just two strips." Brendon laughed and grabbed the corner of the paper, tugging gently.

"On three. One, two." Ryan put his hand over Brendon's, stopping him from yanking on the paper.

"Woah, woah, woah. Give me a second to breath." Brendon bit his lip to keep from laughing. "Your dares are cruel."

"Ready now?" Ryan reluctantly moved his hand and clinged to the edge of the counter. He bit his tongue and shut his eyes as Brendon readied to pull off the paper.

When he finally did, Ryan cursed as his hands flew to the now bare line on his shin. He pulled his leg up and blew his skin to soothe the pain. Brendon chuckled, tossing the now hairy waxing strip.

"See that wasn't so bad," Brendon smiled. Ryan glared until Brendon added more wax to his leg. The next ten minutes included more cursing, pain filled growls and begging. Both boys had shed a few tired, each with different reasons. Brendon had finally torn the last strip, leaving Ryan's legs baby smooth and pulsing. "All done."

Ryan whimpered as he ran his fingers gently over the sensitive skin. In some areas, little drops of blood pushed through the skin. He threw a weak frown at Brendon.

"You're a monster," he said in a high, dramatic voice. He couldn't help to return the large smile that Brendon was giving him. Brendon looked innocent, hands behind his back, shoulders pulled up in a shrug, eyes squeezed gently shut to match his smile.

"You really won't turn down a dare, will you?" Ryan shook his head, softly caressing his leg. He found the feeling satisfying and understood why girls enjoyed smooth legs so much.

"I told you I wouldn't." Brendon sat beside Ryan. He was still wearing a smile, but it was smaller now, conveying a different meaning. It wasn't there because he enjoyed hearing Ryan's different reactions to pain. Ryan locked eyes with Brendon, hoping to see passed the iris and inside to figure out what he was thinking.

"It's almost like you're willing to do anything for me." Brendon's eyes widened at the words and he turned away, looking to the floor. "Like you'd do anything to beat me I mean," he rephrased with an unsteady chuckle.

Ryan didn't answer and kept his eyes on Brendon, trying to read him. Brendon wasn't allowing Ryan the chance to read his facial expressions anymore, proving it harder to guess what the other was hiding. He wanted to know what Brendon was hiding, what he was holding back from saying. He wanted to know Brendon on a deeper level. God did he want... wanted Brendon.

---

A/N:

There's lighting going on outside and it's pretty bright. My cousin got scared and asked what the light was. I jokingly said they're fireworks. She asked "why isn't there any noise then" and I told her "it's cause they're silent fireworks". This girl seriously replied with "oh I didn't know they made those." 😂😂 I didn't tell her I was joking. She'll figure it out when the storm hits.