ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛~Ⓣⓞⓤⓒⓗⓨ-Ⓕⓔⓔⓛⓨ

Start from the beginning

I flattened my hand against his forehead, careful not arouse the bump. Pulsing heat met my cool palm. Yikes.

Feeling some unfamiliar maternal instinct kick in, I frowned.

"You have a fever, so let's get you in bed and into some lighter clothes. I'll bring you a glass of water, alright?"

Taehyung nodded and weakly got up from his stool. Like literally an inch away from me. Hello, I'm standing here.

But sick smurf didn't seem to notice as he brushed against me to head to his room.

Watching his hunched back from behind, I started looking through the many cupboards, hoping to find something that resembled dinnerware.

Just when I was about to give up, seeing that everything was empty, except for the snack cabinet, I found a limited supply of plastic tableware in a slim cupboard.

There were a few bowls and three cups stacked side by side. It bothered me that the bowls and cups weren't separated, but I'll fix that later, along with the lack of things in this apartment.

Filling the clear, blue glass more than halfway with tap water from the fridge, I headed down the hallway, and peeked into the rooms on the left side. Boy, this apartment had a lot of space, some of which I haven't explored yet.

I keep forgetting this is a high-scale apartment.

The furthest door down was closed shut, giving me a rather strong sign that it was Taehyung's room.

I knocked. "Taehyung? Can I come in?" I asked, loud enough so he could hear me through the wood.

"Ne," he softly answered.

Squashing down my unexpected nervousness, I twisted the handle and stepped in.

Now, I won't explain and give all the detailed imagery of Tae's room, because there were clothes everywhere. Everywhere I looked.

Garments littered the carpet. There were clothes on racks. On the floor in clumps. Folded and wrinkled. On top of a dresser. A very large dresser.

There was however, a clear path to a king-sized bed, where Taehyung lay sprawled, uncovered. He stared up at the ceiling, not bothering to look up at me.

"Hey." I placed the glass on a fancy nightstand, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Taehyung groaned, turning on his side to face me. He stretched his hand for the cup, and I watched his arm reach over my lap, but when he found that he couldn't extend that far out, he gave up and his arm ended up landing on my thigh.

Don't freak out, just get the cup for him, and remove the foreign object immediately. I thought this while low-key losing it. Was he that out of it?

Awkwardly chuckling, I got the cup of water for him, and he took it, shaking a bit.

"Gamsahabnida," he thanked me, drinking in small sips.

I hummed in response, examining his body up and down.

"Why didn't you change? Get out of that long-sleeved shirt, you're probably steaming like a hot potato!" I chided him, shaking my head.

"My body hurts, I can't move," Taehyung moaned in English. Then he full on rolled again in my direction and came to a halt when his head bumped into my hip. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"What are you doing now?" I questioned, trying to remain serious. Instead of acknowledging my query, Taehyung wrapped one arm around my waist, without any warning whatsoever.

"Goodness!" I yelped, completely caught off guard. I hooked my feet under his bed though, so I wouldn't be pulled into smurf's half-conscious embrace.

Okay, that's enough kid, it's time to get this fever down so I can go to bed and absorb as many hours as possible.

I twisted my torso and gently but firmly cupped Taehyung by his cheeks. Damn, I marveled to myself, his face is super soft.

No! I can't get sidetracked anymore!

"Kim Taehyung! Wake up this very instant!" I shook him gently, causing him to crack his eyes open.

"Huh? Okay, sorry." Taehyung sat up and leaned against the headboard, clearly exhausted. Same here pal.

On the other hand, I stood up and retrieved the glass of water again, handed it to Tae, and ordered him to drink.

He didn't argue and complied, swallowing larger gulps than before.

"Aren't you hot?" I asked, observing him.

"Ne, but I'm also freezing."

"How about you put on a pair of shorts, and just keep the long-sleeve on?" I recommended, negotiating a pathetic deal.

"Sure, can you please grab me a pair?"

I made a face at Taehyung, and he noticed, saying "What? I'm sick." He fake coughed, trying to prove a point.

Rolling my eyes, I scanned the floor for some comfortable-looking shorts.

"Would it kill you to clean your room?" I fired over my back. Taehyung smirked with his eyes closed.

"Yes, of course."

After a minute of scouring the various mountains, thankfully not coming across any underwear, I discovered a pair of soft, breathable shorts.

I threw them onto his bed, and said "Call for me when you're finished."

Taehyung nodded, and I walked out the door, closing it.

Good Lord, I'm a year younger, but I feel like his mother.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote!