61 | Walking On A Dream

Angel Collins

"I told you I had moves." My Mom said as she spun me in a full circle. I've been dancing since the reception started, well, after I drank a little. My family has been keeping me on my feet, which are beginning to burn. I've been wearing these heels for too long, and I'm ready to take them off.

I laughed, "Just a little, Mom. You're still a little...stiff." I joked, pulling her close as she laughed.

"Wow," She turned around, "Where's my husband?" She probably drank a little more than she should, but I'm happy she's enjoying herself. My Uncle and his wife were already drunk and all over the dance floor.

"I'm here." He winked at me, grabbing onto my Mom to sway her on the dance floor. Her face lit up after he disappeared, probably to get a drink.

I turned around, feeling someone tap my shoulder. It was Chase. He casually danced, looking into my eyes, "Do you have a second?"

"Sure." I nodded.

I allowed him to place his hands on my waist as we danced, "I just wanted to tell you that It's okay."

"Come again?" I asked, cocking a grin. Did I do something? What's okay?

As I waited for him to reply, my mind thought about what he could possibly be talking about. "You know that I like you and this entire time I've been trying to figure out of you like me back, but I know you're in love with him."

My jaw dropped. I froze, standing completely still on the dance floor. "How would you know that?"

He laughed, "I can tell by the way you look at him. You've been pushing the relationship talk off because of Grant, and there's nothing wrong with that. You deserve to be happy, Angel, and I'm okay with being friends. I enjoy your company, and I'm sure you enjoy mine too." He said with a smile on his face, which confused me. Part of me felt horrible hearing this from him, but he's right. I've been trying to tell myself that I don't love him anymore, but every time I see Grant, my heart doesn't agree.

Not knowing what to say, I said, "I do! Enjoy your company. You're always there for me, and I want to be there for you too."

"I know you do," He spun me in a circle before I fell into his arms, "And I'm happy if you're happy. Even if that means you'll be with Grant."

"I doubt that, but I can't do that to you. My heart does this thing when it doesn't listen to whatever I tell it." I made a joke as he laughed.

"Friends?" Chase said, looking into my eyes with a smile.

I pulled him into a hug, "Friends."

When I pulled away, Grant appeared to the side of us. Chase glanced at him before looking down at me. Just like I said that thing about my heart, well, it fluttered. Grant's strong cologne traveled up my nose, making the nerves in my body go crazy.

"Can I talk to you, Angel?" Of course, Grant and Chase didn't acknowledge each other, but that may have to change if we're all going to be friends.

Chase placed his warm hand on my shoulder and slowly walked away. I felt like the biggest asshole on the beach, but at least he's still going to be a part of my life. I needed that. I need friends. I have and will always have Bella, but I have so much to live for. I want people to tell when something good happens.

As I looked up to him, I slowly nodded. I was going to get around to talk to him before the night ended because we haven't said a word all day.

I waited for him to speak, and when he did, he said, "Can we go somewhere else?"