Chapter 4: Sleeping Troubles

Back at base we started packing up for a patrol around the African coast. All the while our buddies at base were slapping us on the back congratulating us for passing the final training test. Jack packed up a year supply of chocolate cookies and Trent brought

Mr. Snuffles, his teddy bear, with him I had to monitor Pilot so he didn't bring a nuke with him on board.

That night I couldn't sleep though. I don't know what compelled me to get up and walk to the docks but, I didn't care. When I got to the docks I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Captain," Pilot said, "what brings you out here?"

"I don't exactly know," I replied, "Maybe because I had to see the ocean be calm one last time before we go to war"

"Well you better look good and hard before I set off 100 sticks of dynamite I put out there!" exclaimed Pilot.

"What!?" I yelled

Just as Pilot said a jaw rattling boom sent a mushroom looking cloud height into the sky.

"Hell yeah!" Pilot roared with a hearty laugh, " Wasn't that awesome!"

"What in the hell was that!" Someone yelled

"We better start running," Pilot whispered

And we did. We took off running straight for our bunks. When we came though the door we were greeted with a vase being thrown at us. Sure enough it was Trent who was cowering in a corner with a bed sheet over him. I looked at Jack who just shrugged his shoulders.

I dropped into my bed a quietly said, "Well I didn't go silently into the night"