M

My move is unique
Not ordinary
1 2 5 to 7
I'm a dancer in the darkness

I hold my breath, crouched down in a hunched position. I don't dare move, in fear that the slightest nudge of a leaf will crack a branch and reveal my location. My left leg is about to cramp from the uncomfortable stance, but it will be okay. It is okay, because you will appear in three . . . two . . . one . . .

There you are.

All prior feelings of discomfort automatically disappear as you walk into view, precisely on time at 7:05 PM. I grin at the sight of your tired but still beautiful, still handsome face as you head home. It's dark when you end your shift so it's my job to watch over you, to protect you from the other dangers in this world.

I know what I do is unique, isn't ordinary.

It's better than ordinary.

With me by your side, I can stop you from getting hurt or falling into trouble. With my eye on you from one, two, five, even to seven, you'll be completely safe. I stand from the bushes just as you turn around the corner. The night is only getting darker, and it won't be good for you to leave my sight for too long. But don't worry, I'll be there soon.

I move quickly at night. I'm a dancer in the darkness.