10. Heart Attack

Perrty excited about this chapter! As promised, a dedication to my 250th fan! She also made my various covers for this story! :) A HUGE thank you to @carrymehome_

Thank you so much to all my fans! :) It is THANKSGIVING, after all. :) I thank God all the time for my writing talents and those who support me. So thank you guys for your support! Be careful when you read this chapter... it might not be as, um, interesting as others. Off you go!

:)

Chapter 10- Heart Attack

Niall-

          "I just can’t take my little eyes off you, you adorable little girl, you…” Louis danced around our suite, grinning with his eyes on me. I couldn’t help my blush… I really hadn’t been able to take my eyes off Leah throughout the entire backstage session. But Louis had no sense in making fun of me for it.

            “Oh, Niall, I know you can’t stop looking at me! I’m just the cutest gal here, and well, I’m falling for you already!” Harry said in a girly country voice. No wonder people called them gay. They played off of each other all the time.

            “Shut up, Harry. Louis,” I growled, tossing my pillow over my head and crashing on the bed. “You know you thought she was cute, too.”

            “That may be,” he nodded. “But!" Louis shouted, his voice ringing in my ears. "I didn’t almost faint when I saw her. You know, the whole ‘love at first sight reaction’? It's totally overrated.” Louis waved a hand in the air. Harry laughed a little too much; I wondered if he had been drinking backstage.

            I’d had enough of their crap. “Leave,” I said forcefully. I knew they were only kidding around, but it was irritating me anyway. I’d really kinda screwed things up with Leah. I’d neglected to get her number, and I’d kinda made a fool of myself. I didn’t need my ‘friends’ reminding me of that failure. “I’m serious. I need Niall-time.”

            “’Niall-time’? What? So you can dream about your girl?” Harry said, turning to give me a playful punch on the shoulder.

            “I’m serious. Go bother Liam or something.”

            “’Go bother Liam or something.’” Louis mocked. “You see the problem here, don’t you? You’re not just falling for a girl… you’re turning into one.”

            “Sure, sure. Go on,” I said, shoving the two of them through my room’s door. “And stay out,” I mumbled once I had safely backed away. My empty room welcomed me. High-rise leather chairs, plush pillows, wood paneling on sections of the walls; it was a designer’s dream room, really. That’s what I had on my hands- the star-studded life. But all I could think of was the starry-eyed girl I’d met for real at the concert. I crashed back on the bed again, trying to relive those precious moments of that miracle encounter.

            After Louis had so carelessly interrupted me, I couldn’t find the strength to tell Leah about our meet in front of the store. I knew she would have been amazed as I was; the prospect only gave me more reason to stay so interested in her. Leah had laughed for a while at Louis’ antics, as all the fans do at first. I was rather annoyed, but of course I couldn’t let that show. The one time I’d slipped up and stopped grinning, I'd caught Leah's eye and something clicked, almost as if she could feel my discomfort.

            Leah interrupted Louis mid-sentence. "Um, Louis? I think... I think Bethany just called you. She wants to take a picture."

            "I didn't hear-" Louis' voice halted when he saw Bethany on the other side of the room. She skipped off quickly without a goodbye. "Cheese!" I heard him yell as his voice faded. I couldn't help my eye-roll at his gullible attitude. Before Leah could ask what I had been trying to tell her, I mouthed a thank you, making her giggle.