Nineteen

~

~

"No effing way."

"Uh oh." Luna whispered to herself, perhaps to Pope and JJ too. They all watched John B lead Sarah to the sofa, Kiara looking at both of them in utter disbelief.

Sarah glanced over to Luna and smiled widely, at least she had one friend here. Luna returned it, it was only this morning they made up, yet it suddenly felt like a lifetime ago. She then squirmed as the pacing girl glared at her.

"You bought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" The furious brunette quizzed.

John B looked desperately to the other three teenagers who were all sat on the armchair. Pope muttered a quick "I dunno." whilst Luna shrugged and looked to the floor. She fiddled with the rings on JJ's hand nervously, it gave her something to distract herself with whilst her friend's argued. Despite being involved in numerous arguments and confrontations the last week or so, the girl was usually one to avoid conflict. "Look, all I care about is that her cut comes out of your share."

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote on this. This is our thing. A pogue thing."

"I gotta say I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this."

"Thank you!"

"When are you not uncomfortable!" John B tried to defend. Luna felt a little guilty she wasn't inputting, but equally both sides here were her friends. She understood both sides to this, though quite frankly the argument was just as petty as the 'kooks vs pogues' and it in itself was annoying.

"I dunno. I rode here pretty comfortably on the back of JJ's bike." Luna almost interjected to remind him they had all turned up together in John B's van, but she figured that would be a pointless statement and he probably meant earlier anyway.

JJ smirked along. "That's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

"That's cute guys." The boy with the bandanna rolled his eyes.

Kiara didn't give him much longer before she interrupted again. "You know, we were all extremely comfortable until you bought her."

"Okay Kie!" John B snapped, he was definitely angry. "What about Luna, huh? What's so different with her? She's not a pogue, yet she's somehow involved in this 'thing'! Tell me how me bringing Sarah is different to you bringing Lu?"

Luna felt her heart plummet to her stomach, as her eyes wandered up for the first time to meet the Routledge boy's. It was a fair enough argument, she just hated being involved. Plus it was true- if they didn't want Sarah, then why would they want her?

She felt the soothing touch of JJ, his hand on her back, perhaps to reassure her. He didn't look to the girl, just tried to soothe her sudden tension without making it obvious. It definitely worked, because as the others eyes fell upon her she at least knew he would be there for her.