Shoot Your Shot

Ship: Dreamnoblade

Clay was pretty much was a popular-ish guy in school. Mostly because of how good he is at basketball and well sports in general. He made some friends, Nick and George and they were by his side since he started.

When him, Nick, and George play together they're pretty much unbeatable. They're the perfect team, they even had a team name. They were called the Dream Team, mostly because Clay their team leader was nicknamed Dream. But things changed one day when a new kid came to school.

It was just a normal day in gym class, Clay, George, and Nick were playing basketball against another 3 player team, they called themselves The Trio.

Idk how to describe a basketball game, and I don't feel like asking my brother for help sooo. Just pretend they're playing a small basket ball game. You choose whoever wins.

They finished out of breath and sit in the bleachers.

"Good game guys, if we keep up we could win the tournament next week", Clay started.

"I know right, with the three of us we'll be unbeatable.", George said, then drinks whatever he's drinking.

They continued talking, then noticed this guy who was still playing. He played like a professional, he never missed his shots. It was like he was from the NBA.

"Whoa that guy is good", Nick began.

"I know right, it's like he's been doing this his whole life.", George said impressed. "Though he's no match for Clay." George nudged Clay with his elbow. "Right, Clay?"

Clay didn't respond, he was just amazed at how good that guy is. He just stared as he made shots and maneuvers around the other players.

"Who is he?", Clay asked, still amazed.

"I think he's a new guy that started yesterday. I don't know his name though.", Nick responded.

"Well doesn't matter because Clay will always be the best.", George said hugging Clay's arm.

Clay just couldn't stop staring at the dude. He thought about going up to him but he was actually nervous. But then something unexpected happened.

The guy noticed and looked back at Clay. He smiled at Clay and winked before quickly getting back to focusing on his game.

Clay's face immediately started to turn bright pink.

"I- I- let's go to lunch guys. I'm actually kind of hungry.", he said all flustered.

"Um okay?", Nick said pretty confused.

The three of them walked to the lunchroom and sat at a table waiting for the line to get shorter. Clay was still flustered thinking about that silent interaction he had with the new guy.

"Let's hope the Coach lets the 3 of us play in the tournament. Hopefully, we're not too good for it", George said.

"I don't know, seeing that guy earlier- looks like we'll have some worthy competition.", Nick said.

"That guy's an amateur compared to Clay. He could wipe the floor with that guy.", George said, looking over at Clay then notices him lost in his thoughts. "Clay? You okay?"

Clay snaps out of it. "Huh? What?"

"Dude you seem out of it since we left the gym.", Nick said.

"I'm fine, it's just- nevermind.", Clay gets up and gets in line to get food.

George and Nick didn't get up since they wanted to save their seat and they don't like school food much. So Clay was just getting his food. While waiting, someone tapped his shoulder.