Tough Decisions

This is a oneshot a made a while ago, and was my first attempt at the new writing style. I posted this on my deleted/bonus scenes book and decided to make a oneshot book. Anywho:

Plot: Highschool Au

Ship(s): Dream6d,Gream, Adam6d

George POV

I have been in Highschool for about 3 years now. Along with my friend Clay. We've been friends since childhood and pretty were inseparable. Over time I grew attached to him, but not just as a friend. Something much more. I'm not fully sure what my sexuality is but I know for sure I'm in love with Clay and only Clay since like forever. As much as I want to tell him I'm scared of his reaction.

---

I was sitting in the lunchroom and I could feel my heart pounding so fast that it could explode out of my chest. I'm planning on confessing my feeling to Clay right now and I feel nervous. After a while, I saw him walking with another one of our friends, Vincent.

Vincent has always been a good friend to us, we met him when we started school and he's really awesome to hang out with. Though I do feel jealous a lot since him and Clay hang out more with each other.

They walked up to the table looking somewhat nervous expressions as they sat down with me.

"H-Hey uh George," he says practically stuttering.

"Hey Man... I- we pretty much have to tell you something" he says looking away and towards Clay.

"We- um, are- uh, I can't. I'm sorry Vin." He gave up on what he was trying to say. He looked over at Vincent who was really disappointed.

"Is everything okay guys? Did something happen?" he says with worry in eyes, generally concerned for his friends.

"It's nothing George, it's fine" Vincent pushed his glasses up then looked over at Clay, who was ashamed of himself.
"You promised you were ready, but I guess I still shouldn't have pressured you. I'm gonna go to the bathroom, be back in a few.

"I'm sorry Vin" he managed to whisper as Vincent got up from the seat next to his.

George looks over at Clay who looked like he was on the verge of tears. "Is everything okay Clay?" He rested a hand Clays arm.

"Yes everything is fine, I just promised something to Vin and I couldn't keep it" he puts his head down on the table in disappointment.

"You can always talk to me about things Clay. You know that" he smiled at Clay making him blush a little.
"I also wanted to tell you something but I've been nervous about it, and it'll be much easier for me since we're alone," he says rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

Clay immediately sat up. "What is it, George?"

"For years Clay I've been... In love with you and I really want to be with you" he says with confidence but in reality, his heart is pounding like it's about to explode. He looked to the side scared to meet Clay's gaze.

Clay just sits there speechless, he didn't know what to do or say. 30 seconds went by and they both stood in silence until Clay got up and just walked away.

George noticed and looked at Clay walking away without saying a word. He just started to tear up thinking he just lost his best friend.

Clay POV