Chapter Ten

I was sitting on my bed feeling bore when I heard a knock at the door. I went to open the door to find that a maid is standing at the door, she informed me that aunty is calling me downstairs for lunch, I quickly check my self in the mirror and went to went there without wasting any time as I was feeling hell hungry, I did not have the breakfast properly. I slowly climb down from the stairs only to see that aunty and uncle already sitting at the dining table and only waiting for me. I slowly went towards them and took the same seat where I was set in the morning.

"I am really sorry for keeping to waiting for me, and I was not aware of the timings, that is why." I tried to explain to them why I was late. 

"It is okay you do not need to say sorry, we should be the who should say sorry for being rude in the morning, we should understand that you were also forced to marry Arav without your will, we should also think from your point of view, but we also worried about our son, I hope you can understand right," aunty stated and uncle also noded as he also felt the same.

"Aunty, please do not say sorry, you are elders, you should only give blessing not say sorry, I can understand your worries for Arav, I know that I was forced into this marriage but trust me, I really want to give this marriage a chance, and I will try my best to be a good wife and a good daughter-in-law, I will not give you any chance of complaints, I hope you will give me a chance, trust me I will not break your trust, I explained them keeping my head down not able to look into there eyes.

I did not know where I get this much courage to tell them, but they are really nice, and when aunty said sorry, I could not stop myself from saying that.

When I did not get any response from their side, I slowly lift my head up to look at them, and I was shocked to see them smiling. 

"You are such a sweet child, Ankti, Arav was right, so as from now on you are our daughter-in-law and we are your mom and dad, you will call us mom and dad like Arav, we can not hear uncle and aunty from our daughter-in-law, am I clear?" Uncle said with a strict tone, but I can hear the sweet voice behind his strict tone.

I smiled at them, and they were also smiling; I was feeling blessed that they came to my life or can say that my life connected with their life. With the little chit-chat, we finished our lunch.

************************************************

It was almost 5, and we need to leave for the reception in two hours. Mom came to my room and said that only two hours left, so I need to start getting ready now. I did not say anything as I was not aware how much time it will take to get ready; I never went to any party, I did not know how to get ready for these types of parties. It's something new to me, I always Priya getting ready for the party, and trust me, she never took less than 3-4 hours to get ready, and the same goes for my aunty. 

I saw three girls around my age, or you can say 1-2 years older than me, came with cosmetics, jewelry, and dresses and setting them near the mirror and placing the dress on the bed, which I think I need to wear for the reception, I did not say anything as I did not want to upset mom by saying that I was not used to of all these. Hence, I keep quiet and follow what she was saying. 

"keep it natural, Do not overdo anything, I want her ready on time," Mom ordered sternly, looking at the three girls who were nodding furiously at her every word; this was the first time I was seeing the strict version of her, she was rude with me first time than sweet but strict, she has so many shades.

"Yes, ma'am," They said in unison; Mom gives them a stiff nod and left the room to get ready for the party.

They started there worked, and I was just sitting at the same place, the first time I am experiencing, and I can say that this is so much tiring, I never felt this much of tiredness while doing household but sitting at the same place, this is not me.

After what seems like an eternity, they have done with their work, and I also wore the dress, it was pink colored lehenga with the golden work, and it was so beautiful. When they said I could look at myself, I turned around and gasped at my appearance. Is it really me, was my first question to myself.

"Ma'am, you are one of the most beautiful brides we have ever seen," One girl said.

"Thank you," I said for the praise which I got for the first time.

Once their work was done, they went out of the room, and I was waiting for Arav; he was still not there; I waited for him and did not know when I drifted into sleep. 

I felt that someone shook me, so I slowly open my eyes to see the person and my breath hitched when I saw Arav in front of me, he was looking breathtaking handsome in his tuxedo, my eyes were locked on his handsome face, and I can feel the same from his side. Our eyes were locked with each other, and no one was able to divert his gazes; we were just floating in the eyes of each other. We heard a knock at the door, which broke our gazes, Arav went to open the door, and it was his mom.

"Are you both ready? We have to leave in some time," His mom informed us.

"Yes, mom, do not worry," He assured me. She gave the nod and went from there. 

"Shall we go" he came to my said and said. I nodded my head, unable to form a word because of our earlier incident, and it was so embarrassing. I signed, and we went started to down where mom and dad were waiting for us.