WE x MEET x AGAIN

Start from the beginning

"What the..." I breathed, gaping at the gravity defying structure.

It took me a moment to realise what Hisoka had done. He's really trying to flex his Bungee Gum. I should've seen it sooner. Now I was the clown.

Speaking of the clown, he finally turned towards me, and smirked. "Sweetheart, if you wanted my attention that badly, you could've just asked."

What even?! This guy was just too full of himself!

"I... that's not... ugh!" By now I was fuming. And yet, I couldn't find the right words to scream at him.

"By the way, I don't know the answer to your question. I don't actually know why I'm here." He deadpanned. But soon, a sly smile formed on his face. "But I do know why you are."

At that, I was slightly taken back. Something in his voice told me he wasn't lying. And for once, that was probably creepier and potentially more disastrous.

"I know what you're after." He continued, raising an eyebrow whimsically. "Rather, I know who you're after."

How did Hisoka find out? And more importantly, what was he planning to do? This clown better not get in my way...

"Don't worry. I'm not here to sabotage your revenge. I would never do that." He reassured, immediately picking up on my brewing suspicion. "In fact, I think I can help you."

Hisoka ~

I watched in amusement as the shock on Kira's face slowly morphed into annoyance. "Has it ever occurred to your brilliant mind that I don't want your help?" The heavy sarcasm that tinged her tone was unmistakable. It was great. Honestly, I missed it.

I purposefully took my time before answering, pretending to be deeply pondering her question. "Hmm... let me think... no." I flashed her a cheery smile. "Not at all!"

"Well, in that case, let me make this clearer for you and your sky-high ego to understand." Kira declared, crossing her arms stubbornly. "Your 'help' is not wanted here. I am doing perfectly fine on my own, thank you very much."

"Remember what I told you, Sweetheart?" I asked with a devilish grin. "You're..."

"Not yours!" She rudely cut me off. Gasp. How dare she interrupt my performance. "And I will never be yours, you hear me?" Now that was just mean. Wasn't she at least a tiny bit glad to see me?

Okay, perhaps I need to find another pick up line.

Nonetheless, I carried on, ignoring her petty outburst. "Whatever you say. But you can't deny the fact that you need my assistance."

"Didn't you hear me? I said I'm fine." Damn, this girl is beyond stubborn.

"You mean 'fine' as in you have no idea what you're up against." I stated bluntly, earning myself another glare from her silver eyes. "I hope you don't mind me saying, but your goal is rather... overambitious."

Her steely gaze was now sharpened with a hint of anger. Good, I've provoked her.

"I must admit your skills with knives are indeed impressive, but against a Shadowbeast? You're just a tad bit underprepared, don't you think?" I continued, sneaking a glimpse at her increasingly furious expression. "Besides, with that out-of-control demon of yours, I doubt you'd last five minutes in the match."

"Well then, what do you suggest I do then, Mr I'm-So-Clever-I-Know-Everything? You want me to turn back?" Kira hissed, voice dripping with venom. She closed the distance between us, shoving me roughly into the wall. "Listen here, you clown, I've already come too far to just give up. And you can't change that."

She's cute when she's mad.

Everything was going to plan. I smiled calmly at her. "Sweetheart, I would never ask that of you. I'm simply asking you to accept my help." I tried to sound as sincere as I could. "I know how much this means to you. It's not just revenge you're after. It's redemption."

That last part was just my assumption. But turned out, I was correct. As usual. The effects of those words were immediate. The fury vanished from her face, replaced by an expression of surprise. "How..." She breathed, slowly backing away from me.

I reached out for her hand. "I'm a magician, Sweetheart. And a true magician can achieve the impossible."

Her glistening moon-like eyes filled with a childish wonder. That look... how adorable. But within seconds, and much to my dismay, a dark veil of sombreness settled over those silver orbs. Hold up... what just happened?

She looked away from me in shame. "I see... so you already know." The sorrow in her voice was unmissable.

Confusion clouded my mind. What did she mean by that? What do I know? Or more precisely, what is it that she didn't want me knowing?

Suddenly, I got an ominous feeling that there was much more to Kira's story than what I understood. Something else had happened that night, an unknown chapter lost to the ravages of time. It was something that no one else knew, but her and Azaro. And apparently it seemed that both of them shared the same desperation to keep it hidden.

I immediately knew that the information Illumi had provided me was merely a ripple in the surface of the swirling currents of her dark past. It was a past riddled with blood and death. However, instead of repelling me, this idea only made me more curious and fuelled my determination to find out more.

She was a deadly secret waiting for me to uncover.

But for now, I decided to keep up my pretence. Tugging gently on her hand, I drew Kira closer to me. I wrapped one arm protectively around her tensed shoulders, and whispered to her softly.

"Your secret is safe with me."

~~~~

Hi guys! I'm very sorry for not updating in a long time. A lot's been going on, with school and extracurricular stuff. It's just a mess, really.

But anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know it's a bit shorter than the others. Hopefully I'll find more time to write, once I get my shit together.

~ krypto