Chapter 1

"Vivian get your ass down here now!" Miss Natalie shouts at me from the bottom of the stairs.

My eyes roll to the back of my skull as I head down the stairs not wanting to get myself into anymore possible trouble. Upon reaching the bottom of the mahogany stairs I see a couple. The man is tall and has chocolate colored skin, he is bald and has a bit of a beard that he is obviously starting to grown out. He is extremely fit you can see how ripped he is through his white shirt. He is holding hands with a beautiful lady. She is curvy but in all the right ways. She has blonde hair that has been curled. She also has on drastic makeup to match her colorful dress and pink heels which match her pink glasses.

The man and woman walk over to meet me as soon as I finish coming down the squeaky wooden stairs.

"Hello Vivian my name is Derek Morgan and this is my girlfriend Penelope Garcia." The man says as he points to the colorful lady. I simply give a small wave to the both of them trying not to get my hopes up. I am never picked so why bother with getting disappointed every time I am not picked. It was easier to just face the facts that I was destin to be in here until the age of 18. At that point I can move out and try to put my broken life together. Yeah that was easier then getting hurt at every single adoption interview.

Suddenly a loud smack and a sting to the back of my thighs bring me out of my trance. Did Miss Natalie really just hit me in front of clients! My face turns red partly from embarrassment of being smacked in front of these strangers and partly from my anger fuzing up as well. I clutch my hands into tight fists making my knuckles turn white as I look back up at the two strangers refusing to let the tears fall in front of them. Penelope's hand flies over her mouth as she gasps at the action that just happened in front of them and Derek looks fuming like his head could explode any second from anger.

"Where do we sign!" Derek shouts while throwing his hands in the air. Miss Natalie places her hand on Derek's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down.

"Sir I need you to calm down." Miss Natalie states keeping her hand firmly on his shoulder.

He gives her a look of shock. "You need me to calm down? You are the one who just hit this beautiful girl in front of us!!" He roars throwing his hands up in the air again.

"Sir I am not going to ask you to calm down again." Miss Natalie squeezes Derek's shoulder.

"Honey." Penelope gives her boyfriend a sweet look in an attempt to call him down.

Derek rubs his hand down his face in frustration as he gets his emotions under control.

"Vivian why don't we go pack your things while Derek finishes the paper work." Penelope suggests to me with a sweet smile on her face.

I simply nod my head as we head up the old wooden stair case.

I go into my room with Penelope following behind me. I pull out a suit case as Penelope begins folding my clothes. As soon as we finish packing all my belongings Penelope and I head down stairs where Derek is sitting in a chair waiting for us.

"You girls ready?" Derek ask as he stands up and heads over to us giving Penelope a tender kiss on the lips.

I nod my head and smile. Derek takes my bag in one hand and Penelope's hand in the other.

"Let's go home Vivian." Derek states as he looks at me with a beautiful smile. We walk out of the orphanage and down the long cement stair case.

We get into the car and Derek puts my bags in the trunk. I smile for the first time in a while I finally have a family.

"Vivian tell us about yourself." Penelope asks as she looks back at me in the back seat, Derek keeping his eyes on the road.

"Well my name is Vivian I am 15 years old which I am sure you already know since you read my file. Anyways I have been in the orphanage for about 5 years. I came to the orphanage at the age of 10 when my parents were killed in front of me." I push the emotions away and try to keep them under control I didn't need my new parents to see me like this. "My parent's killer got away scotch free the police weren't able to find him." I immediately regret telling this to my newly found adopted parents. I mean what could they do about it, why should I be telling them about this!! But I decide to continue the truth was already out. "The police searched for months and it was even on the news for a few weeks when it happened but they weren't able to find him. They believed that he fled the state or possible even the country." I shake my head and began scratching my arm. Why did I just tell them all this?