Chapter 6

Vivian's pov

My lungs hurt with every breath I take in. I am guessing from the amount of pain I am in that I possibly have a broken rib or two. My head is spinning, my thoughts are foggy. Was I drugged? Where am I?

I examine the small cell I'm locked in. The floor is made of cement, my ankle is chained and bolted to the floor. The jail rods look some what new. I mean they aren't bright and shiny by all means, but they don't look old. There is no sign of rust, and corrosion of the metal hasn't begun to happen yet either. The bed I'm sitting on is small and the mattress is thin. The blanket is just scraps of torn fabric right now. But I can tell by the material of it that it use to be fuzzy at one point in time. I notice a woman unconscious in the corner, her leg is chained up and her head is resting on the cement wall. Her blonde hair is knotted in the front, and if I could see the back of it my guess would be that it is pretty matted. Her face is pale, the deep black eye she has, and purple bruise on her cheek make her skin look almost white in comparison of the dark marks littering it.

Her eyes slowly open, and I gasp.

"Mom!" I crawl over to her and hug her tight.

"Vivi! I have missed you so much!" We both have tears streaming down our faces.

I look down at mom's stomach it was clear that she was still pregnant. She has a small bump. So that means that she is at least getting nutrients some how. Weather it's from actually food, supplement pills, or even an iv. Her arm is pretty badly bruised that could have been from multiple iv placements.

"Mom where are we? Who took us?" I ask after sitting in silence for over 15 minutes.

"I never see his face. He wears a mask. He comes in at dusk and gives me an iv with nutrients. It's a miracle the baby is still alive." Mom states as she can see small movements on her stomach.

"Does he wants the baby?" I look at her stomach. Mom grabs my hand and places it on her stomach to feel the little kicks of my unborn sibling.

"No. He wants to torture your dad. Watch him fall apart. He doesn't want to harm us, or the baby. He told me that." Mom's breathing changes. She begins breathing deeper. She sounds like she is in pain.

"Mom. Are you in pain, what's wrong?" I looks down at her.

She shifts her weight around as she lays on the floor. "He's just so active today. He's a strong fighter. Strong kicks like his father. I could see him kicking down doors for a living." Mom jokes about how dad is normally the one to kick a door down while in the job.

"It's a boy?" I place my hand on her stomach to feel my baby brother.

"Yea. It's been confirmed." Mom smiles as she sits up again, looking down at the bump. She rubs it gently.

"He confirmed it?" I question mom. Did this creep really do an ultrasound on her?

"Yes he did. I thought I was only about 12-16 weeks along. He confirmed I'm almost 34 weeks."

I am surprised that she is that far along. Her bump doesn't look that big for being 34 weeks. I would guess the baby is measuring quite a few weeks, even as much as a month or two behind in size, growth, and possibly development.

"Mom you don't look like you are 34 weeks. Is the baby behind in development?" I ask her feeling worried about my unborn brother.

"No Vivian, he's fine. He told me that I'm carrying him farther back then normal. So it makes my bump appear smaller. He is totally fine though." Mom smiles down at her bump before drifting off to sleep. Maybe it's for the best that she sleeps, for her and the baby.

I stare at mom while she sleeps watching her stomach. Taking in the small movements my brother is making inside the womb. It is beautiful, and I can't believe that mom is having a baby. Now if only her team could find us before she goes into labor. They have to find us!

Chapter 6 is finished. It is a shorter chapter I apologize for that. I'm going to work on chapter 7 most likely tomorrow but not sure when it will be published.