Chapter 4

It's been two weeks since we have been moved to a safe house in order to stay safe for Scratch. Two weeks since mom told me she was pregnant, while since I guessed that she was pregnant. It's been two weeks of having to keep her secret hidden from dad. She still hasn't told him. I get it she's worried but it's been hard not being able to tell him. He deserves to know as much as I do.

"Mom you have to tell dad." I try to explain to her as we sit at the table. Mom looking over Peter Lewis' file.

"Tell dad what?" Derek appears in the kitchen looking down at us.

"Were you spying on us?" Penelope stand up and stares at Derek.

"Maybe." Dad laughs as he grabs mom's hips and pulls her closer to him. The two share a kiss together. I clear my throat before the two get carried away.

"So what do you need to tell dad about?" Derek stares at Penelope as he wiggles his eyebrows at her.

She laughs out loud and hits Derek's chest lightly.

Derek looks at me intensely. "Vivian, what does your mother need to tell me?" His dark brown eyes stare into my soul.

"Sorry dad but it's not my place to say. You need to hear it from mom, and mom you need to tell dad sooner rather then later." With that said I walk out of the room to avoid any other questions dad might ask, and to give mom a possible moment to tell dad her news.

Penelope's pov

I sit down on the couch as Derek sits next me. I sigh and look up at him.

"Do you remember why we adopted Vivian?" I start the conversation with him. He looks at me softly as he takes my shaking hand in his.

"Because we both wanted to start a family. We didn't think it was possible to have our own child after trying for a year." He kisses my lips softly.

I kiss him back and look down while fidgeting with my hands.

"Derek, what happens to us, to our family if I happen to be pregnant? We are living in a safe house! Our current daughter is in danger! We are in danger! I can't bring a baby into this world, in this world where Scratch is still out there! I won't allow him to hurt either one of our children!!" I start to hyperventilate, out of fear for my children. My living child, and my unborn one.

"Wait Penelope, your pregnant?" He stands from up from the couch with a huge smile on his face.

"Derek, I can't have this baby if you can't capture Peter Lewis. I won't bring a child into this world, with Peter Lewis still being out. You need to get your macho behind out there with the team and capture him!" I scream at him as I stand up to leave the living room. I know I am being harsh on him, the team doesn't even want us working on the case. It is mostly my pregnant hormones making me feel like this but part of it is true. I don't want another child that I have to keep away from Peter Lewis. Peter Lewis will not breath the same air as my children. He will be dead, before this child is born even if I have to waddle my 9 month pregnant behind out to kill him myself. He will not be alive when this child is born.

Vivian's pov

I head back downstairs to the living room after hearing mom yell at dad. Dad is sitting on the couch with his face down in his hands. Mom is no where to be seen. Did they get in a fight? Did mom leave? Mom is suppose to stay inside! What is going on?

"Dad where is mom?" I ask Derek, he looks back up at me.

He sighs and shakes his head. "She needs some space."

"But she is in danger dad, we need to stay in the safe house!" I begin to slightly panic.

"Vivian, Scratch doesn't want your mother, or me. He wants you. She is fine. She is going to stay with JJ for a few days." Derek rubs his hand down his face. He stands up from the couch. He pushes the coffee table forward with anger then storms up to his and mom's room.

I sigh looking down as I'm left once again by myself.

I stare outside missing mom. Wishing I had a way to communicate with her. I didn't have a phone or access to the internet here. Penelope knows the risks of Scratch finding me through technology. Right now in this point of time, I just wish I had a phone to communicate with mom. Sure dad has his, I could ask to call her from his but who even knows if she would answer a call from him right now.

I lay down on the couch, dreaming of my family being complete, and not broken like it feels like right now. Mom being here with us, my baby sibling being cradled in mom's arms. Mr. Scratch being dead, him not alive anymore. My family being brought back together, and not torn apart like it feels like it is right now. Dreams being my new favorite past time.