𝐈𝐗 | 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞?

Start from the beginning

He pressed a hand to my forehead, as I lay back down on the bed throwing my pile of blankets back over myself. "Your sweating Athens, get rid of some of those sheets," he said dumping a handful onto the floor beside me.

"Did you not sleep yesterday?" he questioned folding the loose clothes scattered over the floor and desk.

"I did, I just woke up today and felt like a roasted pig" I groaned.

"Did you take aspirin then?"

"I took 15 Berlin, nothing has happened" I complained blowing the hair out of my face.

"Get up then, take a shower, eat some food, then get some air, maybe then you'll feel better" he advised pulling my arm up to get out of bed.

"Fine" I moaned, slumping out of bed, blinking fiercely trying to adapt to the change of gravity.

"Go take a shower, I'll make you something to eat," he said turning away to leave.

"Why are you babysitting sick people Berlin, aren't you to classy for that sort of shit?" I chuckled.

"Things are different because it's you" he shrugged.

꧁__________꧂

"Athens, help" Helsinki cried as I ran over, helping them lift a large sheet of metal to cover the massive hole in the wall.

As the police fired rounds into the cover, I pressed my feet into the ground trying to use all my strength to hold the door up.

As Denver's arms gradually failed, the sheet of metal dropped to the floor as I ducked down, rolling over to gain cover at the sides of the hole. "Cover me" Nairobi screamed as I pulled my arms out, shooting recklessly at the police.

Adrenaline was coursing through my veins alongside guilt. Keeping the hostages at bay was my personal responsibly, and so much care had been taken to make plans and even gain a legitimate job at the mint to pull off my cover, but it had been blown away like smoke, or someone's breath extinguishing a candle. Leaving you only able to hold on to the fumes which slowly blow away as well.

She bent down beside Helsinki, pulling down the zipper of his suit, frantically searching for the bullet. "The vest stopped it" she yelled pulling him up one-handed. "your okay, get up, get up" she cried.

As they fired another heavy round of bullets inside, I covered my ears, pulling my gun out and continued to shoot blindly into the air. I didn't know where I was shooting, Or who I might be hurting, I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, I couldn't even breathe.

As they threw in a smoke bomb, I choked, reaching my hands out over the ground and trying to find the can, before I picked it up and threw it out the hole, feeling a stinging sensation blister through my hand.

"Shoot to cover" Berlin's voice rang out, as I jumped up, making a mental note to stick Arturo's head in a blender if I ever got out of here alive.

I leaned out the side, shooting at the slowly advancing police cursing as I loaded in another cartridge. "They're getting closer" I cried.

I pulled out from the line of fire, resting my hands on the wall panting for air. As distant cries of the others flashed into my ears, I shook out of my thoughts running over to the back of the loading docks.

"Cover me" I screamed racing to the other side of the docks, wheeling out the browning machine gun. I pulled off the fabric covering the gun, shouting at the others to get out the way. As I ducked feeling the bullets whiz past the sides of my face I rested the gun at the front of the doors shooting out at the police.