Torture

Steve slowly woke up, feeling the pounding in his head and the ache shooting down his leg from the bullet. He frowned and squinted against the bright lights surrounding him, he tried to cover his eyes but soon realized his arms were chained above his head but the wrists. He groaned and opened his eyes slowly.

"Ahh you're awake" the German said gleefully, "I've been waiting for hours." And grinned.

Steve gave him a death stare, "what do you want from me" he growled and noticed he'd been changed out of his suit and into a single pair of black shorts.

The man laughed and walked towards steve, as he stepped into the light steve noticed the large scar along the side of his face, "I don't want anything but to piss you and your shield buddies off"

Steve chuckled, "well you've already succeeded at that, what more could you want?"

The man grinned, "your blood" he growled and grabbed a whip from the table at his side.

Steve heart sank but hid it with his expression, like a good solider, he didn't show emotion.

The man laughed hysterically as he crisply whipped the air around him, "this... this is going to be fun" he laughed and walked behind steve.

He tried to control his breathing but he knew that this is going to hurt, "shield is on their way." He assured him.

The man laughed some more, "oh I'm sure they are, I'm sure they know exactly where we are and are coming straight away to rescue you" and with that, the first crack of the whip snapped against steves back.

He grunted but held back his scream, "you're a psychopath" the second one slapped his shoulder.
"Ha ! Well... I guess you could say that" and continued to whip his back until it was all torn and bleeding.

Steve shivered in his chains but kept any expression of pain off of his face. "I have some other business to tend to," he said as he set the whip back down on the table, " but these two gentlemen" he directed his attention to two of his agents by the door, "will take very good care of you" he smiled and left the room.

Steve moves in his chains as the two men approached him, as soon as one of them got close enough, he kicked out one of his legs and shattered the man knee cap. He screamed and collapsed to the ground. The other grabbed a metal rod and swung it right into steves ribs, it knocked the wind out of him, but his ribs didn't break, not until the fourth strike.

•••

The next day tony was nothing but excited to see steve again at the coffee shop. He sped walked there all the way from the tower, but when he entered, steve wasn't there.

He thought he'd show up soon so he ordered both of their usuals and sat at their table. Their table. Tony didn't want to see steve sitting there all alone ever again.

And so he waited..... and waited..... and waited some more until it was 2 hours later and still no steve. He stood up from his spot and went to the counter.

"Carla right?" He asked the barista and she nodded. "You know steve right?"

"Yeah he's usually here everyday" she looked around, "I guess he didn't show today."

He nodded and tapped on the counter, "well I'll uh, see you tomorrow then." He said and walked out.
Was steve really that mad he left in the middle of the night? Was he avoiding him?

He felt horrible.

But days and days went by and steve never showed at the coffee shop. And it was just a coincidence, but the days got gloomier. And tony felt the same way.
He was angry with himself, for leaving that morning, he would've loved to have him wake up with him there, have breakfast whatever. But he fucked it up.