PART 57

"And now... I have to live in a world without you..."

--

--

Madara had spent a lot of time in contemplation of the world. One thing was for certain -- he had been naive for thinking peace was possible while his very existence was a life of shinobi.

As long as shinobi exist, there is sadness and fighting in the world. If true peace were to exist, then there would no longer be any need for shinobi. How can one try to achieve peace while still maintain the status that of shinobi? It was a paradox that plagued his mind day to day. It wasn't possible; at least not in this realm. Madara had bee naive after all. He would aim to create his own realm that could perhaps achieve this: The Ultimate Peace.

Madara stood near the valley of the end, right above the monument of his statue. He was still within Konohagakure's bounds undetected. Madara re-activated his chakra, he knew Tobirama would be the first to warn Hashirama of his looming presence. Madara planned to stand his ground. His last face off, with his long-lasting rival.

-- 

Madara's face turned pale as he felt Hashirama's sword pierce his body. He couldn't believe it -- he had allowed someone to stand behind him. He hated that. Little did he knew he had grabbed a portion of the flesh of the Senju before his face had hit the cold, stale soil. Madara felt his concious, for now, slowly slip away.

"Madara... I guess we never really made it to the other side." Hashirama longly looked at the back of his old friend. Madara was on the ground, and exhibited what seemed to be no sign of life. The battle they waged between each other had lasted 24 hours; well beyond what they were both used to.

If Madara could scoff, he could.

I'll make... things... right... Ayumi... and bring happiness... to everybody...

 Madara thought to himself.