PART 8

I sat in my study, pondering about what the Uchiha's next steps could be in winning this war. I had just returned from an evening of fighting, confident at the fact that I walked out without a single scratch, though I had inflicted many.

Suddenly, a shinobi had appeared forth of me.
Shunshin no jutsu. He muttered.
"Madara-sama, forgive me for appearing so suddenly, but there's a matter impeding the Uchiha clan from growing. At this rate, if it keeps going, the Uchiha clan will stagger." The fair-skinned raven-haired fellow had spoken. I sighed, irritated. Just another problem added to the list. Many a times I had told my brethren not to disrupt me so abruptly, but war was war and there had to be exceptions.

"Kagami. What is it this time?" I narrowed my eyes. He was one of the few who supported the Senju alliance, and was in fact so adamant about it. I was aware he worked closely with Tobirama every now and then, something I had disapproved of at first.
"There's been in increase number of reports of Uchiha killing each other in order to gain some form of higher power." Kagami spoke, "Mangekyo Sharingan. I'd be damned if you hadn't heard of it."

It's true. It was a forbidden power, one that when used carelessly would cause blindness. A magnificent power suppressed by the heart. I crossed my arms.
"I possess the mangekyo sharingan." I taunted him, "And most will not. Only a few can awaken it. Set up a clan meeting and relay that information to the others." I ordered briskly.

Kagami shook his head. "I think it's better if the Uchiha hear it from you."
I closed my eyes, sighing in annoyance. "Very well then."

--

It had been a while since I spoke at a clan meeting. Most of the time they were attended to on my behalf by Tajima, Izuna or Kagami. I had frankly ran a little late, about five minutes, due to a altercation I had to dispute, that had taken longer than expected.
"Oi, musuko. You're already late to the altar, do not be late again." Tajima spoke, waiting outside of headquarters to lead me in.
I kept my gaze straight. He had brought that topic up a couple times now, especially over lunch when we could all eat together, which I would try to nonchalantly brush aside every single time. I simply had no interest. My priorities were different.

I entered to see a slur of raven-haired Uchihas, some injured from battle and others springing with vitality. The sight had almost made me smile to see all of them together, huddled and eager to listen. I stood to the front, placing my gunbai on my back, and my presence was enough to settle down the chatter and the shuffling.

"Listen well, everybody." I demanded, "It has come to my attention that many of you here have been killing your loved ones in order to possess the next form of sharingan."
Some of the Uchiha hummed in agreement, others voicing their agreements loudly.
"It's a myth! All these loved ones dying for nothing!" One yelled.
I shook my head.
"It is not." My eyes swirled from sharingan to mangekyo. "I possess it. It comes at a cost, but I'll leave that for another day. Any way, this must stop. Our clan cannot survive to see the next generation if it continues. And if this continues, I will see to your punishment. And..." My voice grew menacingly.

I took one solid look at everybody in the room.
"We have enough of our blood being spilled on the battlefield already. Why lower our population at such a dark time?"
One Uchiha stood up, pointing a finger at me. "Those damn Senju are too strong! We need to beat them somehow, and why can't you do it with your own eyes-?!"
"Be quiet!" An anger arose in my chest, my voice stern and loud. I clenched my fists. I had the mangekyo while fighting the Senju and I still couldn't protect my brothers. It was proving to be infuriating. My blood was boiling, soon that frustration reflected a deeper red in my eyes.