Chapter 5

--------------------> REGULUS APPARATATED BACK TO HIS HOUSE ABOUT AN HOUR BEFORE DINNER

--------------------> REGULUS APPARATATED BACK TO HIS HOUSE ABOUT AN HOUR BEFORE DINNER. After discussing possible strategies to tackle the future and changing the name of future-Kreacher to something else and asking him to stay in France with the Flamels, Regulus was exhausted. Ara had decided to stay with her adoptive parents, the Flamels, and he agreed with her decision. There would be less suspicion if she did so considering that the Flamels rarely made public appearances and there was no proper reason to stay at number 12 Grimmauld Place again, especially since his parents were also due to return soon.

He had just hung his coat when his mother suddenly jumped in front of his face.

"Your brother has gone too far this time!" She screeched immediately, making Regulus frown.

"Pardon?" 

"He had a bastard! A child born out of wedlock! Oh, what will everybody say!" His mother cried. "The worst part is, we don't even know whether that bastard is pureblood or not!" 

Regulus' eyes widened. "...What..." 

"I know." His mother said angrily. "That brat was always so reckless. Always such a Gryffindor... A proper disgrace he is. He knocked up a witch -Merlin knows if her blood is pure- without marrying her and even had a daughter- all without telling us!" 

"...A daughter?" 

Walburga Black ignored her son's widened eyes and fast beating heart. She grabbed his hand and proceeded to drag him into the tree room to show him what she meant.

His father was already there, staring at the tree branches with a vacant expression of disbelief. Regulus followed his line of vision and almost tripped on his steps with shock.

The evidence of his yet-to-be-born niece's time travelling was stitched on the tapestry as clear as day. The black spot beside his own picture that used to have contained a picture of his brother, had another branch extended to it, and that branch had the picture of the girl he had seen just three minutes ago. Her black hair fell freely over her shoulders, her green eyes twinkled mischievously and her smile could easily be mistaken for that of an angel's. Regulus forced his eyes to look away from her picture, and landed it on the banner instead, and his eyes widened with shock.

Adhara

While he did not know an Adhara, he did know an Ara. The realisation enlightened him a second later and he closed his eyes to calm himself.

Adhara was the constellation that held the star Sirius. Adhara was the name of his currently yet-to-be niece. 

Ara was the nickname his currently yet-to-be niece had chosen for herself.

He told himself that it was completely fine that he hadn't thought to question her on her nickname because both, Ara and Adhara were names of constellations, so he couldn't have known. However, ever since he was little, Regulus had always prided himself on his ability to solve puzzles and crosswords, (to his credit, he did solve the mystery of the Dark Lord's immortality years before anybody else, according to Ara) so this revelation came as a big blow to his ego.