author's notes

"Clutching these faded, fading, imperfect
memories to my breast, I go on writing
this book with all the desperate intensity
of a starving man sucking on bones."

- Haruki Murakami,
Norwegian Wood

-------------------------

dedicated to

Mayeesha, the first
true friend i made.

even though she is
reading the 1st book in
the speed of a tortoise,
i would have never
come this far without
her support.

-------------------------

Not gonna forget to add the author's note this time XD

Thanks to all those who have liked the first book enough to continue to the sequel! You all have given me so much love and support, and it has helped me greatly in going through these hard times. So thank you so so much. I love all of you a lot. I hope you will stay with me till the end of Cedar and July's journey! :)

A lot of scenes in this book are written from my own experiences, but not in the way it was in the first book. The first book showed all the worst hardships of my life; this book will contain some of my best memories. I don't want to forget these memories, which have already started getting hazy. Hence, I want to lock them up in words here before it's too late, just like how I locked my grief in the first book. I want to have memories to reminisce peacefully in my last days, and I dream of having a hard copy of this book in my hand at those moments.

Now!

Let's talk about this AMAZING cover art by Tom Haugomat! Go and check out his instagram page @tomhaugomat for more amazing illustrations and also support his work on Behance!👇

https://www.behance.net/tomhaugomat/info

So! Get ready for the continuation of Cedar's story. Needless to say, this will be painful in a different way, but it also be filled with enough joy.

Once again, thank you so much to all those who continued to the sequel. It means a lot to me. I hope you stick with me till the end. Love you all.

- Poma

----------------------------

© Sumaiya Shamsun Halim 2020

All Rights Reserved

This book is protected by the international copyright law and may not be produced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, altered or broadcast without the prior written authorization from the author.