• two •

• several years later, seungcheol is a senior in high school while jeonghan is a junior •

"y'know i really don't get how you make it to school every day without drinking coffee.. must be your youth.." seungcheol grumbled as he sipped his coffee while he walked to school with jeonghan.

jeonghan nervous laughed at seungcheol's coffee remark. he recently found it harder to hide his vampire tendencies. it seemed as time went on jeonghan found it harder to pretend to be human. the food repulsed him, the stench that they let off disgusted him, and he was always thirsty.

"you need it because you're old," jeonghan teased with a smile and seungcheol just gave him the side eye.

"shut up kid," seungcheol teased back and jeonghan snatched the disposable coffee cup from seungcheol's hands and drop kicked it.

"hannie~ why?" seungcheol whined and jeonghan just gave him a smile.

"call me a kid again and i'll kick you like that cup," jeonghan warned but seungcheol was too sad about the loss of his coffee to be threatened.

"but my coffeeeeee!" seungcheol whined as he grabbed onto jeonghan's arm.

"i'll get you another one at lunch, okay?" jeonghan said and seungcheol smiled.

"thanks kid," seungcheol teased and jeonghan's face dropped.

"choi seungcheol i swear-"

"hehe! just teasing! look at the time we're gonna be late!" seungcheol said as he began walking faster, leaving jeonghan behind, to avoid getting his ass whooped.

jeonghan just continued to walk behind seungcheol. jeonghan liked it this way. he liked teasing seungcheol and being so close without making seungcheol uncomfortable. jeonghan had realized just how foolish he was to fall for a human but love couldn't be controlled.

"jeonghan, hurry up! it's weird walking alone," seungcheol pleaded and jeonghan nodded as he stepped up quickly to catch up with seungcheol.

"i thought you were scared i was gonna hit you," jeonghan teased and seungcheol nervously smiled.

"i am.. please don't! im at your mercy king jeonghan!" seungcheol said dramatically and jeonghan couldn't hold back his laughter, jeonghan just hoped that seungcheol didn't notice his blushed cheeks.

"you're so weird old man!" jeonghan said and seungcheol let out a laugh too as he put his arm over jeonghan's shoulder as they continued their walk.

once they arrived they parted ways going to their separate classes. it was times like the morning walk to school, lunch, free period, and the afternoon walk home from school that both the boys really cherished the most.

"why are you friends with that weirdo?" one of the students from seungcheol's class asked as seungcheol was getting something from his locker.

"why?" seungcheol replied and the kid sighed.

"i just think if you got rid of him you could achieve more-"

"shut the hell up. talk about him again and i'll rip your tongue out." seungcheol snapped back as he slammed his locker and walked directly to his class.

seungcheol sat in his seat with his head in his hands. why did he snap like that? sure the guy was being a dick but seungcheol knew he didn't need to result to threatening and nearly violence. he didn't know why he got so protective of jeonghan, it had always been like that.

what did you do to my heart, yoon jeonghan?

• author's notes •

the good ol obliviously in love boy and the suffering in love boy .. we love to see it.. jfc i feel like i said love so many times in that sentence

also the first chapter had many positive reviews so i just wanna say thank you .. mama ain't raise no bitch but i might cry 🥺

i hope everyone is enjoying !!

-lilly <3