• one •

jeonghan had always been an outcast. he was like that the second he came out of the womb with pale skin and red eyes. things only got worse as his fangs grew in with time and so did his thirst. the kids weren't nice to jeonghan either yet jeonghan always remained calm and collected.

he never seemed to be affected by the smells of other peoples' blood or when they scraped their knee or got a paper cut. jeonghan made it by undetected as long as he wore his contacts and drank blood bags regularly.

no matter how hard jeonghan tried to go under the radar and stay low his introverted behavior and looks got him attention. he was a boy with long hair, pale skin, a soft build, and he wasn't all that tall. jeonghan didn't fit the stereotype of a normal boy which lead to rumors and insults.

"look at how pale he is!"

"has he ever seen the sun before?"

"he looks like a girl!"

"what a loner! no one ever hangs out with him."

"homo!"

jeonghan just ignored it all, it wasn't worth his time or energy. he got tired enough as it was just being around humans all day he didn't have the spare energy to make them think twice about being rude.

"are you sure it's a man?"

"haha! you just called him a it!"

"well yeah have you seen it? there's no way!"

jeonghan wasn't in the mood to deal with the nagging and insults. it was free period but it looks like the idiots didn't have anything else to do but concern themselves with jeonghan's business. jeonghan got up and exited the classroom before he was stopped in the hall by a classmate.

"what do you want?" jeonghan asked and a scowl showed up on the boy's face.

"are you sure you're not a girl? you have long hair and you act so feminine!" the boy teased as he pulled on jeonghan's hair making him flinch.

"why? you got a crush?" jeonghan snapped back and the kid scoffed.

"you fucking homo!" the kid yelled before attempting to swing at jeonghan.

jeonghan closed his eyes and embraced for the punch but was shocked when he didn't feel one. he slowly opened his eyes to find what looked to be an upperclassmen holding the boy's wrist.

"that's not nice." the guy said before letting go of the boys wrist and watching him scurry off and back to class.

"hi, i'm seungcheol. you are?" seungcheol said with as smile as he turned to jeonghan and held out a hand for him to shake.

"jeonghan," jeonghan replied as he shook seungcheol's hand.

"nice to meet you." seungcheol replied and jeonghan grinned.

"why did you help me?" jeonghan asked getting straight to the point in case seungcheol wanted some sort of payment.

"because it's not nice to hit someone." seungcheol innocently replied and a small smile appeared on jeonghan's face.

"well, thank you. do you want me to buy you something from the vending machine?"

without knowing it jeonghan had found his soulmate.

• author's notes •

wahh a high school/vampire au wowwwww look at me go hehe .. the next chap will be up to like present time this chap is just like how jeonghan and seungcheol met. also this is my second time writing this bc i felt like i didn't put enough vampire stuff the first time so i hope you guys are enjoying !!

-lilly