Testing the Waters

Start from the beginning

"I see...I wanna know more about Hyun Bin himself, not Hyun Bin the president's son." I sipped my wine.

"It's nice to know, that you're interested. Maybe we can start being friends from here. Aren't you tired of our cynical conversations?"

"Agree. We're getting married anyway, at least we should be friends. I want to see things through."

"Just for your information, Miss Son," he leaned from behind me, closer to my ear, "I'm all open to add the words with benefits, after friends."

I gulped at his indirect statement of his desires for me. Me, almost midnight, in his study, wearing a lacy nightgown under a silk robe, alone with him, his tall and muscular body, and that gorgeous face on a messy office look.

For a moment my brain stopped working and forgot that it was the brat Hyun Bin my assignment, but Hyun Bin, my new friend who has just offered a benefit.

"What do you mean, Sir?"

"You, in this lacy nightie coming here, are you going to ask me to come to our bed, Miss Son?"
He asked in a seductive voice.

I gasped. He moved to stand in front of me and fixed his eyes on me. His eyes traveled down from my face down to my body and stared a bit longer on some parts which he might find appealing.

"It's only a matter of time for us to adjust the sleeping arrangement from share the room to share the bed. And I guess there will be some nights when we don't get much sleep in it." He stepped closer and leaned his hands on the desk around my hips

"Mr. Hyun, let's take things slowly. Friends don't do that benefit."

"Oh, but do they do this?" He inched his lips to mine.

"Mr. Hyun, please..."

"Shouldn't we rehearse for tomorrow's matrimony?"

"I...mm.."

"I ran out of excuse. Just tell me if you want me to stop, baby."

My head was dizzy, and his breath was heavy. I felt the strong lust within his bulge that pressed down between my thighs. I was scared and I wanted it too at the same time, but something in me kept me from giving in.

"Stop. I can't do this, Mr. Hyun. This is wrong."

"You know I like doing the wrong things."

"You gotta love me first before lust."

"Then why you haven't slapped me yet?"

He pulled back.

"No girl ever told me to stop. I bet Choi Youngjae means a lot to you, Miss Son."

"Why you always connect everything to him?"

"I saw you slapped him last night, then you hid in the bathroom for almost thirty minutes pretending to have a bath. The bathtub was dry, but it was your eyes that wet." he caressed my hair.

"Mr. Hyun, what are you trying to say?"

"How if I really start to believe that we were real, Miss Son? What am I supposed to do?"

"It can't be, Sir. It's only been a week. Perhaps you just miss your...girlfriends? I'm the one left here and we were together nights and days so you start to think that you're attracted?"

"What am I to you, Miss Son?"

"The job, that I'm going to marry. You're the assignment for me. I'm being paid for this. There is a border there."

"What if I ask you to resign, Miss Son? So we can have this for real? Tomorrow will be the wedding day. I don't want to have a fake wife."

"The wedding will be legit, Mr. Hyun. You're just carried away right now."

"Am I?" he sighed, "what does Youngjae have that I don't have?"

"My heart." I lied.

Things with ordinary people like Youngjae will be less complicated. Bin was no ordinary.

"You lie, Miss Son."

"I don't have to answer that. This is not your bedroom. Your rules...are for your bedroom."

"Then what are we waiting for?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the study.

Reaching the bedroom, he closed the door behind me and started to unbutton his shirt, showing his toned chest. It was clear that he was turned on. Not that I didn't feel the same desire, but hell I was scared too. I wasn't ready.

He pinned me to the wall and untie my robe. I held his hand, gasped.

"Please, don't, Mr. Hyun."

"Why are you playing so hard to get, Miss Son?"

"I am not ready for this."

"Are you a...did you never do this before?"

"I have. Mr. Hyun, please..being with you is an assignment from the President. Who am I dare to reject? I was ordered to take care of your image."

"Outside this bedroom. But you know I have my own rule of the game here. Be honest with me, Son Yejin. There is no need for such images here."

"Sir, I'm working here."

"Outside this bedroom, I am President Hyun's son, your assignment. But here in this bedroom, I am your-"

"Friend. We're friends, right? It's an honest answer. Besides that, you're a bad playboy, Sir. If you don't have such a reputation, maybe, maybe, I already fell for you from years ago. But now we're here, I was assigned to you, because of your famous reputation that can affect your father's."

"I...fine. I'll wait for you."

He pulled off me. He turned around to the bathroom and changed into his sleepwear then threw himself on his new couch. He fixed his eyes on me as I have taken off my robe and slipped under the blanket.

"We will spend some days in London and Como after this." Bin, trying to change the topic.

"Why? Is there any state agenda there?"

"I just miss London, and honeymoon in Como should be fun."

"Honeymoon?"

"Yep. But I want a few days in London after Como, do you mind?"

"Of course not, Sir. I understand that being away from Blue House for a few days were necessary, normal couples would have a honeymoon after the wedding. I'm just wondering what will we do on our fake honeymoon?"

"Me? I'm planning to make you fall for me, baby."