xvii

"Do you want to go riding today?" Mazikeen poked Lillian in the cheek when she wasn't paying attention

"Huh?" Lillian turned her attention towards Mazikeen, they were laying in their room, but Lillian had her thoughts turned towards other things.

"I said, do you want to go riding today?" Mazikeen rolled her eyes fondly.

"On your motorcycle?" Lillian turned her head towards Mazikeen.

"Yea, only if you want too of course since Chloe is on a case and Trixie is at school." Mazikeen grabbed Lillian's hand and kissed it.

"Sure, be nice to spend some time with my girlfriend, I miss just us, haven't seen you much lately." Lillian offhandedly said getting up and walking towards their closet.

"That's my fault, with Linda's ex-husband's death I was trying to help her, but maybe I should start spending time with you more huh?" Mazkieen reaches for Lillian and pulls her in by her waist.

"I kinda have to agree, I get it, you want to help your friend, but sometimes your girlfriend needs you a little bit more." Lillian selfishly said, but she lifted Mazikeen's head and kissed her.

"I'll try to do that a little bit more, what are you gonna wear today?" Mazikeen lets Lillian pull her up and walks them towards their clothes.

"I was thinking, leather pants and an orange top?" Lillian looks at Mazikeen who nods, Lillian grabs the clothes and steps aside so Mazikeen can grab hers.

"You look good, like always." Mazikeen mentions after Lillian got dressed.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Lillian smirks and kisses Mazikeen deeply.

"Ready?" Mazikeen asks once they pulled back.

"You know it." Lillian gave Mazikeen one last kiss before she raced downstairs towards the door.

"Do you want to drive it?" Mazikeen asks walking downstairs.

"What?" Lillian was shocked, Mazikeen has never let anyone drive her motorcycle before.

"Yea, one time offer, take it or leave it, Lilli." Mazikeen wags the keys in front of her face.

"Sure, why not." Lillian grabs the keys and opens the door.

Mazikeen already knew to lock it so Lillian didn't worry about that, she saw Mazikeen motorcycle in the driveway off to the side, Lillian handed Mazikeen her helmet and put her own helmet on.

"Ready?" Mazikeen asks Lillian.

"I think so?" Lillian was feeling nervous about driving Mazikeen's motorcycle suddenly.

"Don't wreck her, she was a gift from a friend." Mazikeen winks at Lillian who huffs and swings her leg over the bike.

She starts it after Mazikeen gets on.

Mazikeen's arms went around her waist, Lillian carefully backed up, letting Mazikeen's arms around her waist ground her.

Lillian smiled as she started going faster, she felt like nothing else was going on around her, she felt Mazikeen laugh but Lillian didn't care.

She slowed to a stop when she got to a traffic light, a thought drifted in her head, would now be a good time to ask what side Mazikeen was on, but of course, she had to be careful.

Lillian thinks Mazikeen might help her but her loyalty to Lucifer is shockingly strong, but Lillian has been noticing that Mazikeen is starting to pull back from Lucifer lately.

Lillian blinks back the thoughts and squints her eyes when she notices the car that belongs to Dan's boyfriend, forgetting that Mazikeen was behind her she speeds up, she starts following the car.

Only when Lillian feels Mazikeen hitting her back does she remember she has a passenger, Lillian huffs, and pulls on the side of the road.

"What the fuck was that?" Mazikeen got off the motorcycle and angrily threw her helmet in the grass.

"I thought I saw something." Lillian half lies shrugging.

"You could've thrown us from the bike! Are you insane?" Mazikeen grabs the keys and pockets them.

"Oh, I'm sorry, well good thing we can't die huh?!" Lillian screamed at Mazikeen.

"Humans don't know that! They would see us fly through the air and we wouldn't die!" Mazikeen shook her head and grabs her helmet.

"Good thing I don't give a shit about humans! I don't even want to be on earth!" Lillian shouts back.

"Then why are you here? You said you wanted to be on earth but you just said you don't want to be on earth, so if I'm not stopping you from grabbing my knife and you killing yourself why are you here?" Mazikeen sounded scared, Lillian had a moment of panic flash in her eyes, she had to come up with a lie, quickly.

"Baby, I'm sorry, you are the reason I'm here, I was just angry and wanted to hurt you, can you forgive me?" Lillian walks over to Mazikeen and grabs her hand not holding her helmet and brings it to her lips to kiss.

"Thank you for apologizing, I'm sorry too. You just scared me." Mazikeen pulls her hand from Lillian grasp and puts a hair behind Lillian's ear.

"Let's go home, it's been an eventful day." Mazikeen puts her helmet on and helps Lillian with hers.

Lillian sighed as she puts her arms around Mazikeen waist, Lillian had to be more careful because that was close, Lillian could've ruined everything, she can't ask about her allegiance to Lucifer or it would sure give Mazikeen some red flags.

Lillian had to be careful, or she would never get to the end goal of killing Lucifer, the real reason why Lillian begged Lucifer to take her.

Lillian laid her head on Mazikeen's back as she drove back to the house, Lillian saw the school bus pull in, which meant Trixie was getting home so it was perfect timing.

"Lillian! Hi." Trixie bounced her feet when Mazikeen drove into the pathway.

"Hi, Trix," Lillian said once Mazikeen turned the motorcycle off.

"Hey, Trix." Mazikeen smiled as she waved to Trixie.

"Maze!" Trixie ran towards Mazikeen and hugged her, Lillian smiled and walked into the house.

This taste of domesticity was nice but Lillian was getting restless, and soon she was gonna start tripping up, more than she did today, Lillian had to be careful, but she wasn't going to last long.