"Yep. We dated for a while then it got weird. We are just better off as friends."

I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't be jealous but hell. I'm jealous!

"You really shouldn't be." I look up at him blushing. I really need to keep my thoughts on the inside. "He's only ever going to be a friend."

I smile. "I know. I'm just crazy and dramatic." He nods and I smack him lightly. "You aren't supposed to agree." He rubs my legs with his fingertips which sends sparks through my body.

"But I love your crazy and your drama."

"Good because you're stuck with it."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

******

Matt and I are sitting at a table set for four waiting for Tanner and his date. We're back at the same restaurant that I went to when I met Matt.

I see Tanner walking in with his hand entwined in someone else's. I couldn't see him because Tanner was blocking his body.

As they get closer, he moves out the way and I see the cute guy that he's dating. He really is cute. I thought so when I first saw him.

"Hey Kyle, Matt. This is Jake. Jake this is Matt and-"

"Kyle." Jake says looking at me.

"You two know each other?" Tanner says looking between us.

Jake looks at me as if asking permission to tell our significant others how we met. I think about it but decide that it would come out anyway. I nod.

"We do. We actually met a party a few weeks ago."

"You went to a party?" Matt asks. I nod then his face lights up when he realizes. Then he starts to chuckle. "Oh, that night that you went out and got drunk. Then you came home still drunk. I remember that."

He then directs his attention to Jake. I stay focussed on Matt's face. He looks so genuine, so happy. I'm stuck on how easily he brushed over my meeting Jake at a party. We had a fight about that. I never told him that I met a guy. He assumed but I never said anything.

Not only did he not get upset, he called the apartment my home. I mean he's called it 'my' place and 'our' place before but he's never referred to it as home. He's perfect. That's all I can say.

I struggle to focus on the conversation again. They're talking about how Tanner met Jake. Ironically, they met at the coffee shop I was supposed to meet Jake at.

After the Matt and I got over our petty problems, I had still planned to go out with Jake, just as friends. The day of, however, I decided against it and cancelled. Jake was apparently already there and literally bumped into Tanner, spilling coffee all over the two of them. The rest is history.

Their story is so perfect, just like something from a movie.

"So Tanner, is it weird dating a high schooler?"

"Oh, so you have jokes now?" He laughs.

"Of course. What better way is there to spend the night?"

"Well for you information, it's wonderful. It's like having a billion cups of coffee all the time. He has so much energy and his looks are a plus." He talks about Jake like he's not even here.

"I'm not a puppy!" Jake growls playfully.

"He also keeps me on my toes." Tanner goes on about his new romance. I can tell that he's really happy. I'm happy for both of them. They deserve to have each other.