Chapter 3

5 months later

No POV

All of the ninjas were hoping and thinking that Lloyd was going to go back to normal, but unfortunately, he got worse. He would sleep later in the mornings, which he never did before. He was always the first one to wake up for training. He would always wear black, and rarely took his hoodie off. He also started listening to different music and became more dramatic.

The ninjas were sitting in the kitchen eating lunch when Lloyd walked in with one earbud in and was wearing thick black eyeliner. Kai looked up at him coming in while he was taking a drink of his water. He did a spit-take looking at Lloyd and started laughing.

"What?" Jay asked Kai.

"Look at Lloyd!" Kaid said still laughing.

"Oh. My. God." Cold said looking at Lloyd's eyeliner. The rest of them started laughing uncontrollably with Kai. Lloyd pulled his hood up and rolled his eyes at them. He put his other earbud in, grabbed an apple, and left saying.

"God! No one understands me!" They stopped laughing and watch him leave. Once he was far away, they are continued laughing.

"What was he thinking?" Cole said.

"I don't think he was thinking anything," said Jay. Nya got up and out her dishes by the sink.

"I'm going to go finish getting ready for our movie date," she stated kissing Jay on the cheek and walking to her room.

"I didn't know you guys are going out today," Zane said.

"We weren't planning on it until today because we just wanted to do something," said Jay. "How about you and PIXAL come with us? And Kai, do you and Skyler want to come, too?"

"Yeah, that sounds fun," PIXAL responded.

"Sure," Kai said. "I'll call and ask Skyler."

"Great!" Nya exclaimed.

"Wait, wait, wait, you guys are going to leave me here alone with Lloyd?" Cole complained.

"Yes," Kai said.

"Rude," Cole said back to him. "He's so whiny!"

"How about we buy you cake on our way home?" Nya suggested.

"Deal!" He said excitedly. The rest of them got ready for their movie and left.

Lloyd's POV

"Those ninjas are so rude to make fun of me like that," said the darkness. "I think we look great."

"Why are would doing this to me?" Lloyd asked the darkness. "I feel myself dwindling away."

"That's the point, you idiot! Once I take over your good side, I will be so powerful with your golden powers and my darkness."

"What are you going to make me do?"

"You will see soon."

(Back to normal)

Anything in Italics is Lloyd talking to himself in his head during conversations

I walked out of my room to see everyone but Cole was gone.

"Where is everyone?" I asked him.

"They went on a triple date to the movies."

"Goodness, they're so annoying. Stupid couples."

"They don't annoy me. I like them all together. Why do I have to be so mean to my friends?" I thought to myself.

I walked back to my room and started blasting music that the darkness really likes. It's actually pretty good music, but I never used to listen to music like this. Cole came in and asked what I was listening to.