𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

"You just gotta put bitches in their place" I grinned walking away from her a smile plastered on my face.

"Carillo, over here" Tokyo called pulling me into an office. "We need to film your proof of life, you're still a hostage to them" she whispered.

I nodded sitting down on a chair and smiling in front of the camera. "My name is Maria Carillo and I got the position of working as an assistant to the general director Arturo Roman today, I am in perfect health and have nothing to object in the way I've been treated these past days," I said flexing my shoulders before walking away.

I walked into the office with the others slumping down on the sofa and covering my face with a pillow. I ignored the ladies who had teemed around me trying to question me about what was going on, I didn't know much candidly, I was either with them or Berlin.

Almost as soon as I had shut my eyes, Nairobi burst into the room making the women gasp in alarm. "We have had a little change of plan, police have entered and are asking for physical proof of life so I'm going to take you all downstairs and when you're done, you can go back in here," she said lining us up in rows.

I was pushed into line next to Mercedes and Arturo as she whispered into my ear, through gritted teeth. "I have scissors"

Where the fuck did she find scissors?

"Give them to me" I hissed extending out my hands.

"No it isn't safe Maria, your about to go down for proof of life" Arturo murmured.

Now wasn't the time to play the hero Arturo, just shut up and let me deal with it

"They don't suspect me as they do with you" I seethed, trying to grab the scissors from Arturo's hand.

As I was about to pocket them, Tokyo grabbed me by the arm and lead me down the stairs.

"Miss Carillo, what a pleasure," Raquel said as I nodded staring down at the ground.

"She's my favourite hostage you know, cocky, brash, self-assured, she was the one who performed surgery on Arturo Roman" he smiled.

"I came here for proof of life, not a biography" Raquel ridiculed. "I want to see Alison Parker"

"Now now, be patient she will come when the princess is ready"

"Patience is something I wouldn't expect from a man who only has 12 months to live" she snarled.

12 months to live...

"What are you talking about?" Rio questioned discerning the murderous look on Berlin's face.

"Your boss suffers from a degenerative disease, Helmers Myopathy, taking over the muscles of the body until, in the end, your heart stops" she concluded smirking competently.

"Well, then why would you unjustly accuse him of being a pimp, doesn't he deserve to die in peace?" I challenged glaring up at her.

As I leaned forward, waiting to shove any remark she made back down her throat, Berlin aggressively grabbed my arm and yanked me out the room. The amount of time I had been pulled away made my arm feel numb at this point.

"What were you thinking? You could have given yourself away" he yelled.

"Oh, so this is all my fault maybe I wouldn't have reacted the way I did if I knew you were going to die in less than a year" I spat.

"How was I supposed to tell you, make you a picnic and go surprise I'm dying" he laughed.

"Okay forget it, I'm sorry" I muttered.