13. Right guy

Everyone was sick worried for Anika because she wasn't picking their calls or answering their texts. She wasn't back yet and it was already midnight. After few hours, Anika came back, she was looking pale with her eyes red. Aradhya just rushed to her;

Aradhya: Where were you Anika? We were so worried, and what happened to your face? Were you crying?
Anika: no, grandma. I'm totally fit and fine, after all I'm Anika Rajput. (Sadly);
Gauri: di, stop acting! We know you aren't fine.
Bhavya: Shivaay bhai didn't do right with you! I won't leave him. (Angrily);
Anika: no, Bhavya. You won't do anything because it's not his fault that he wasn't interested in me and moreover Oberoi family is nice, only Shivaay Oberoi wasn't the right guy.
Gauri: still di, he insulted you. He should be punished.
Armaan: I will talk to Tej tomorrow. His son needs to learn.
Anika: no, mr. Rajput let it be. I can't imagine to marry him now. He doesn't deserve me.
Shanaya: still Anika, his parents need to know that their son is ruining their reputation.
Anika: please don't indulge yourself in my issues, I can clearly handle myself.

Anika left for her room and youngsters left for their own rooms, after Anika assured them that she was alright. Armaan and Aradhya were thinking how this act of Shivaay is going to cost them much. Anika and Shivaay's marriage is after one week,  and here their relationship got off track. But they were sure that somehow Anika will get the right guy.

Next morning in Oberoi mansion
Everyone was tensed for Shivaay because he didn't come back yesterday, and he wasn't picking their phone calls. Out of sudden Rajputs came except Anika.

Kalyani: what a pleasant surprise! You could have informed me Avantika that you guys were coming, I would have made arrangements.
Aradhya: oh there is no need for arrangements when your grandson is arranging everything for us. (Sarcastically);
Janvi: sorry Aunty we didn't understand, What do you want to say?(confused)
Shanaya: yesterday Shivaay met Anika at the pub and insulted her and broke off the engagement.
Tej: this can't be possible!
Gauri: uncle this is true!(she narrated them everything)
Bhavya: I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.
Armaan: I wasn't expecting this from Shivaay!
Rudra: how  can bhaiyya be soo foolish?
Om: I don't know where he is? If he was here he could have explained it to us.

Suddenly Shivaay came in, his clothes were creased and his hair were messy. He was stumbling on his steps. Om and Rudra ran to him.

Rudra: bhaiyya are you okay?
Shivaay: yeah I'm fine.
Om: Shivaay, are you in your senses? What did you do yesterday?
Shivaay: I didn't do anything wrong, she deserved it! She was backstabbing us in business.
Tej: who gave you this information?
Shivaay: Tia.
Om: and you believed her, don't you know how she fake things.
Rudra: you could have at least investigated the matter, before reaching a conclusion.
Shivaay: why would Tia lie?
Priyanka: bhaiyya, she was your ex girlfriend. She wanted to marry you and you rejected her for Anika di. Simple!
Shivaay: but why did Anika fired her from her job?
Bhavya: we didn't fire her from the job but her contract finished and currently we are hiring new models, because Tia has been the main face of Rajput empire for years.
Gauri: yeah, now we want someone else to present the Rajputs. It was just a business decision, there wasn't any personal motive behind this.
Ranvir: how can she be so clever?
Priyanka: she has money and resources.
Rudra: you are right Prinku! Girls like her are just cunning and selfish.
Armaan: okay, guys stop taunting Tia! Now the main problem is that Shivaay messed up the things with Anika, and we all know that now she won't ever trust Shivaay.
Tej: yes, we have to do something to clear their misunderstandings soon.

They were all sitting and thinking of different ideas, when Rudy got a call from his friend, who is a journalist, he asked Rudy to switch on the news because his older brother Shivaay was making headlines. Rudra just switched on the tv ,on news and everyone was shocked seeing Shivaay dancing sensously with a girl and she was kissing his cheeks. The headline was: "Shivaay Oberoi found kissing an unknown girl in a pub during his bachelorette party." Oberois were shocked and were thinking who made this video viral when the pub is full of security and it's policy is to respect privacy. Janvi got angry and slapped Shivaay.

Janvi: you let me down Shivaay! You were my pride but I don't know where I lacked in your upbringing, that I couldn't raise you well. Because this behaviour(pointing tv) is not of a reputable man.
Armaan: I think Anika was right that you don't deserve her. I will not let Anika marry you. I already ruined her past but I won't let anyone ruin her future. Come everyone we should leave.
Shivaay: but...

Rajputs left being disappointed and everyone in Oberoi mansion left for their own reasons except Om and Rudra. They wanted to support Shivaay, they knew he wasn't at total fault.

Rudra: bhaiyya don't worry, everything will get fine.
Shivaay: I have hurted Anika. I'm a stupid idiot, I just couldn't take Anika betraying me that I ended up ruining something beautiful between us.
Om: Shivaay be patient! Everything is in hands of God, I'm sure he will set everything right.
Rudra: but you have to work hard to gain Anika bhabhi's forgiveness.
Shivaay: I'm ready to do everything.( sadness laced with regret.)

Meanwhile Anika was in her office, she saw the news about Shivaay. She was angry on him and was cursing herself for trusting a man like him. She was busy in her thoughts when she heard a knock on her door. She said come in and saw Armaan.

Anika: you here?
Armaan: why can't I come?
Anika: no, you can. It's just I'm a bit tired today.
Armaan: are you angry with me?
Anika: angry for what? I have many things to be angry on.(Sarcastically)
Armaan: Anika listen! my and your mom's divorce was a mutual decision. We weren't ready for this marriage, we were forced and then we had you which was more unexpected. I wasn't ready for a child responsibility.
Anika: so you opted for an easy way, just run away!(angrily)
Armaan: I didn't meant to leave you but then I got so busy in my life in abroad that I just lost contact with you guys!
Anika: these lame excuses can give peace to you not me. I have suffered because of you and mom, you both ruined my childhood. How much I try to forget my past but I'm not able to, i have trust issue. It's all because of yours and mom's unsteady relationship.
Armaan: I'm sorry for everything. (Regret)
Anika: you know I can't think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection. I was bullied, tortured and beaten but no one helped me out.(crying)
Armaan:(he was shocked to see her crying and hearing her words, he couldn't take that his daughter was beaten by someone, he just went near her and hugged her. She didn't reciprocate it but still felt the warmth and love of her father.)

No matter how old she maybe, sometimes a girl just needs her dad. Anika stopped crying and Armaan caressed her hair lovingly and went away smiling and Anika didn't knew how to react.

Precap:
Anika's fiancee and Shivaay is jealous