five

his ruby

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

"i like you just the way you are"

song of the chapter: just the way you are by billy joel

( smart and smarter )

RUBY smiled as she strolled into school beside Leo. "Hey, Leo. What's that" Bree questioned once she saw Leo. "And it appears that I'm being neglected" Ruby murmured before stepping over to Adam. "Good morning" Ruby smiled, getting on her tippy-toes to kiss Adam. "Good morning indeed" Adam beamed, before looking at the bandage over Ruby's eyebrow. "You okay" Adam asked softly. "Yeah, we just need to give it a tad bit more time and I'll be back to the normal Ruby" Ruby responded. "Well, I like you just the way you are" Adam spoke snarkily. "Do you now" Ruby sassed.

"Look at this! An "A-minus"! I knew my Home Ec teacher had it out for me. Always criticizing my muffins" Chase exclaimed, which caused Ruby to give him a soft glare. "Haha! I beat you! I got a "D-plus"! "Plus" because I'm better" Adam smiled. Ruby beamed at him, even though his logic was wrong, the look on his face was worth it. "Adam, the "plus" is-- You know what? It's just not even worth it anymore" Bree trailed off at the look Ruby gave her and smiled innocently at the redhead. "D" is not a good grade, but we don't really expect you to get good grades" Chase spoke, and if glares could kill, Chase would be 600 feet under.

"I'm engineered to be the smartest person on the planet, and I just got an "A-minus." I've been relegated to into the huddled, unwashed masses of minuses like you" Chase continued, ignoring the deadly look Ruby gave him. "Chase, I know this must be hard for you, but, I mean, look at the bright side-- seeing you fall flat on your face is really fun for us" Bree pointed out. "Hey, let's see what Ruby made" Adam piped up. Leo snatched the paper out of her hands before Ruby could say anything. "Let's see here, A+ in Spanish, A+ in biology, A+ in literature, A+ in home ec, A+ in history, and A+ in calculus. Ruby, I believe you are now superior to everyone" Leo announced. "That can't be right" Chase exclaimed, snatching the paper out of Leo's hands. "Oh my god it is right" Chase muttered, looking defeated.

"Sweethearts, I'll have you know, there's a little thing called studying, and it makes your grades go higher" Ruby spoke, taking her progress report back and standing next to Adam. "I have got to find a way to reclaim my superiority" Chase declared. "Well, you could sign up for the Student of the Semester competition" Leo indicated. "What's that" Chase asked. "Every semester, kids compete to see who can best improve the school. Whoever gets the most votes wins free pencils, a bumper sticker, and a cheesy picture of himself on the wall" Ruby explained. "And that cheesy picture will show everyone that my brilliance reigns supreme! I am so gonna win" Chase stated. Ruby rolled her eyes at Chase, of course, he wanted to be the one on top, when in truth, his siblings needed a chance to shine. "I call your free pencils! No, wait, I'll take the cheesy picture. Oh gosh, they both sound so good" Adam exclaimed. "Race ya" Adam and Chase exclaimed when the bell rang. "Adam you're forgetting something" Bree called teasingly. Adam raced over to give Ruby a quick kiss before chasing Chase down the hallway. "Has he even asked you out yet" Leo asked, but Ruby had already taken off to her history class. "We need to talk to Adam" Leo and Bree said in unison.