four

his ruby

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

"please don't leave me"

( rats on a train )

song of the chapter: where's my love (acoustic) by syml

RUBY smiled as she walked into the lab. She was tired after practice that morning, which was a usual, but Adam always brightened things up for her. Always.

"Ruby" the teens shouted excitedly, Adam picking her up by the hips, causing the red-head to squeal in surprise before he put her back down. Bree and Chase quickly hugged her and Ruby then did her handshake with Leo before greeting Davenport with a smile.

"Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out. Okay, Chase, I'm setting your tube on "Antarctic." If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign" Davenport explained. "Bring it" Chase exclaimed, getting into his tube. "Ruby if you would" Davenport said, motioning to the system.

"Why does Ruby get to do it" Chase asked as Ruby stood in front of the monitors, setting everything up. "My dad designed the system, did yours" Ruby sassed, hitting the button and hearing the tube power up before going back to Adam, who wrapped an arm around her waist. "Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather" Leo exclaimed. "Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath" Bree said, disgusted. "I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day" Adam stated. Ruby scrunched up her nose before unwrapping a piece of mint gum and shoving it in Adam's mouth.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not" Davenport said. " I can handle extreme cold" Leo said defiantly. Ruby snorted with a laugh, hiding her face in Adam's shoulder at the look Leo sent her. "Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum" Davenport stated. His cellphone rang and he quickly answered it. "Davenport. What?! Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I- I gotta do something" Davenport stated while pacing, and the teens following him like lost puppies.

"What's going on? What's so terrible" Adam asked, placing his arm on Ruby's shoulder, and she proceeded to place hers on his waist. " I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville" Davenport explained. "Dad mentioned something about that earlier, doesn't it go up to like three-hundred miles an hour" She asked, but was ignored as Bree asked Davenport another question. "Well, then what was awesome" Bree asked, Ruby sending her a light glare at being cut off, but Adam gave her a look and she stopped. "It's going like 400 miles an hour" Davenport stated happily, and Ruby grinned like a kid at Christmas, and then she wondered if Adam even knew what Christmas was. She'd have to ask him later.