one

his ruby

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

"a new face"

( crush, chop, and burn part one )

song of the chapter: breathin by ariana grande

RUBY LACROIX let out a groan as her alarm went off. She grudgingly got up out of bed and put on an outfit that was 'Ruby Approved'. The girl tended to hate school, the only thing that made her go was Leo. Leo Dooley was Ruby's best friend, well other than her sister Taylor and Taylors boyfriend Todd, or Toddy as Ruby called him.

Ruby pulled on her heels and sat on the stool in front of her mirror. She brushed her slightly curly hair and did her makeup, topping the outfit off with a jeweled choker and red lipstick. Having already brushed her teeth, Ruby grabbed her bookbag and walked out of her bedroom and into the kitchen. Ruby picked up an apple, greeting her father who was surprisingly sitting in the kitchen.

"Dad can you drive me to school" Ruby asked. "Sure Rubes" Eric replied, smiling at his daughter. Ruby returned the smile. Ruby was known to be Eric's prodigy, afterall she was advanced in multiple sciences and maths, while her sister was more advanced in english and history. "Ruby what's the LUCA" Eric quizzed as the duo sat in the car. "Last universal common ancestor" Ruby answered.

The two continued to quiz each other until they were at the school. "Love you honey" Eric said, kissing Ruby's cheek. "Love you too dad" Ruby replied. She got out of the car and walked into the school, being greeted with her sister and said sisters boyfriend. "Ruby" Todd said, smiling at the girl who was like a sister to him. "Hi Toddy" Ruby replied.

The trio walked to Ruby's locker and chatted as Ruby got her things for gym. The bell rang and Ruby looked at her sister, kissing the brunette on the forehead before heading to gym. Ruby changed into her gym clothes, cringing at how stupid she looked. Ruby walked out of the locker rooms, being greeted with the girls of the varsity cheerleading squad.

Ruby waved them off after her soulmark began to tingle. She looked around the room, her sixth sense leading her to Leo and 3 people she didn't know. "Leo" Ruby shrieked, causing the dark skinned boy to run over to her, with the 3 unknown people looking at her with confusion. "Leo he's here" Ruby whispered. "Your soulmate" Leo asked in shock. Ruby nodded.

"Chase, use your hearing to see what their saying" Bree said upon noticing that Adam was running his fingers over his soulmark. Chase nodded and recited the words to his siblings. "Adam, she's your soulmate" Bree said, smiling at her brother. Adam returned it with a grin of his own. The grin fell when he saw Leo pulling Ruby over to him and his siblings.