The Convicted Felon

As the sun rose and peeked into Hunter's window, the alarm clock on his phone blared a soft classical song that meant it was time for him to wake up. He groaned as he sat up and yawned softly. He clicked the button that silenced the alarm and crawled out of bed. He made his way to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready for school. When he was finished brushing his teeth, he started to go through his closet. He picked out a pair of black Calvin Klein boxers, a pair of black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with his favourite band "My Chemical Romance" scrawled across it- along with a picture of them under the band name. He threw it all on and grabbed his black Jansport backpack. He threw the backpack over his shoulder as he made his way downstairs. His father was in the basement as his mother was in the garden tending to the flowers. He slipped on his black Converse shoes as he opened the front door and left, closing the door behind him. As he made his way to the school, he took out his phone and plugged his earphones in. He put his earphones in his ears and hummed along to the music. As he arrived at St. Fredrick's High School, he entered the building and made his way to the locker. People were staring at him as he opened his locker. They whispered at each other as they bit their lips. He scratched his neck, wondering why they were whispering to each other. Just then, his phone vibrated with a message from his mother. His mother had reported his father for rape and murder. His eyes widened as he read the text message:

"I reported your father for rape and murder of minors. I wanted to see why he spent so much time in the basement. I mean, there's nothing down there that's interesting. When he left to go to the hardware store, I went down to investigate. There were three young girls tied up, gagged and naked. They were crying as they were tied up to a pole. There was a foul smell under the stairs, and when I looked..there were decapitated bodies missing their heads. The heads were on top of a wooden table with a pool of blood around them and the hair was braided. Your father had decapitated the young women who didn't listen to him and kept their heads. I think he fucked the dead bodies as well..because there was semen on them and inside their vaginas.."

             His eyes widened as he read the message. He couldn't believe that his father would do something like that. He messaged his mother back, "Did you let the other three girls go? Did they catch him in the hardware store?" He bit his lip as people around him started to whisper. His phone lit up and vibrated with another message from his mother, "I'm not sure if they caught him but he was at the hardware store getting more supplies and weapons to 'finish the job'. He knew that the three girls would try to run away and tell everyone." He chewed on his bottom lip as he replied, "Did you happen to get the three girls names?" His mother replied back a minute later, "I believe they go to your school. Skylar, Sierra, and Riley." His eyes widened as he put his phone back in his pocket. That was why everyone was whispering. They probably texted everyone telling them what his father had done. He clenched his fists as people around him shook in fear. He turned around and yelled, "I know what my father did and I'm nothing like him! I won't ever do what my father did!" He glared at everyone as he stuffed his books into his book bag and slammed his locker door, locking it after. He stomped off to his Math class as he sat down in the back. His blood boiled in anger as people had assumed he would do what his father had done. He wasn't as sick as his father. He wasn't a pedophile OR a murderer, he was a high school student just trying to have the best life. He smiled as his only best friend Tristan walked in. He knew that his best friend would stick with him. Tristan bit his lip and sat in the front, away from Hunter. Hunter's smile faded as his best friend betrayed him.

          As the bell rang, students began to file into the classroom and sit at their desks. The teacher stepped into the classroom as she gestured to the door. A black-haired and black eyed female, around the same age as him, entered the classroom. She wore a light blue t-shirt with a pocket on the side and a dinosaur in the pocket, as well as a pair of black denim jeans and a pair of black sneakers. "Class, we have a new student today. This is Octavia Torez. Please make her feel welcome." Octavia smiled softly at the class as the teacher, Ms. Ryson, gestured to the empty seat beside Hunter. "Please take that empty seat, so we can start the lesson." Octavia smiled at Ms. Ryson before making her way to the empty desk and sitting down. Ms. Ryson began the lesson by asking everyone to open their textbooks to a specific page. Hunter bit his lip as he whispered over to her, "Hey. I'm Hunter. Nice to meet you." She smiled softly as she nodded, "Nice to meet you too." He smiled back as he opened his textbook and turned to the page. Since she was a new student, he knew he could at least befriend her since she didn't know what her father had done. It wasn't on the news or social media yet. As the bell rang, he started putting his books away in his backpack. As he opened his mouth to speak to Octavia, Mary was speaking to her. "Don't talk to Hunter. His father was just caught for paedophilia and murder." She told Octavia. Octavia smiled softly as she replied, "Thank you for warning me, but..you shouldn't really judge people because of their father's actions. Just because his father did something, doesn't mean he will do the same thing. So please don't judge him for something his father did.." Mary glared at her angrily for sticking up for Hunter. She stormed out of the classroom as Hunter got up, "T-Thank you." He said as he threw his backpack over his shoulder. "No need to thank me. I know how it feels to get judged because of something your parents did." She said as she smiled softly and began to walk out of the classroom. He smiled as he made his way out of the classroom as well. As he made his way to his locker to collect the books he needed for the next class, Octavia approached him. "Hey. Hunter, right? The principal said to come to you since you're part of the welcome committee? He has excused you from all of today's classes so you could show me around.." She scratched her neck shyly. He nodded as he smiled and put his books back in his locker. He closed his locker and locked it as he looked at her, "It would be my pleasure to show you around." She smiled as she followed him down the hall. He showed her around and put in some funny stories about what had happened in some classrooms. He thought her laugh was adorable, it sounded so cute to him. He blushed softly as he looked at her.