"Where's Garett?" She asked.

On cue, three men led by the female goblin from earlier moved past them, an unconscious Garett in the arms of two of the soldiers.

"Garett." Katherine murmured, her face masking confusion. She had no idea what was going on with him.

"What happened to him?" Katherine asked. So Esther explained it all.

How Garett's body could not hold under use of the power that was the alumnai's. And how they got here.

"He warped the entire army here. He warped us all." Esther said. Tears streamed from Katherine's eyes. It was all Esther could not to break into tears as well.

Esther squeezed Katherine's hand in consolation. She had already shed her tears for this man she had come to care for.

He wouldn't listen to her futile pleas. Claiming this was the only way to contribute more greatly to the war. So he traded his life for billions of others who would probably not know.

He wasn't dead yet, but he was slowly dying. His body was becoming leaner as though he was being festered from inside out.

Katherine sobered up.

"Cen." She called out to the girl behind her.

The young girl walked up to Katherine. She looked small but fierce. And silent but smart. One you would never consider in a crowd. Like a spy.

"Please. Find Abel." Katherine said to Cen. The honey skinned girl with dark hair nodded and left.

"Abel needs to have a chance to say goodbye." Katherine said.

Esther nodded. Because they both understood the pain of not having a proper goodbye.

                                      ******

        Amish walked hastily through the battlefield bathed with red and black blood, Ava flanking her.

The humans had taken the frontlines and were battling against the animalistic force of evil. Ye juai's had sensibly fallen back, logic prevailing over their anger towards the humans.

She walked into the warm tent the humans had already set up as their base of operation. Even in the face of probable peril, the humans still sought comfortability.

Four stern faced men looking to be a little over middle age stood around a large wooden table with a rough map on it. Other soldiers — dressed less gallantly — stood around, probably serving as guards or messengers.

Had they already mapped out the battlefield? Amish thought, knowing how effective the humans had already been since they got here but feeling anger all the same.

Anger. Towards this kind that had wiped out the majority of her people.

It suddenly felt like a betrayal to her emotions as she...she cared about the humans she had traveled with.

But Esther and Katherine didn't seem the kind to cheat in a war and slaughter a race of creatures to near extinction.

And Abel...

Amish struggled to keep every one of her emotion in check just thinking about him.

She approached the four men who must have been in charge.