Dark eyes

Young

That's all I have.

She sounds beautiful.

Hours later, Eleanor returned with a grin on her face.

The house still smelled like my mate and I was hoping Eleanor would ask if I wanted to stay for dinner so I could savor the scent for a little longer.

"Good news. I was able to alter the scent completely onto another red cloth that I had laying around. And I still have the original cloth with the scent intact."

I nearly cried with joy at Eleanor's words.

"Thank you. I couldn't imagine how much I appreciate that."

I grasped the red cloth and inhaled the scent. Eleanor was watching me closely but she chose not to say anything.

"I also cast a small spell on it so the scent won't fade. Hopefully, that might help your sleeping problem."

I gave her a nod of gratitude before leaving. My wolf was howling in joy of still having our mate's scent without the fear of it fading away.

A few hours later, I was approaching the Blood Wood Pack. I was able to stop at my manor and safety put the red cloth under my pillow.

I had the copy in my pocket, but I hated the way it smelled. It wasn't my mate.

The run from my pack to Alpha Darren's wasn't long but I didn't like doing it. It wasn't flat land; I had to cross the Ethereal Mountains and the Bellest River.

Some of his wolves greeted me at the border. Delta Litton was with me, just in case, and nearly snarled as we spotted their signature auburn-colored fur from across the border. He wasn't a big fan of Alpha Darren and how he rules his pack.

Darren was standing on his porch, watching us from afar, as we entered his pack. His shoulders were pulled back and his eyes were narrowed as if he were trying to intimidate me.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"King Archer, how was the run?" He asked when we were a few meters away.

"Not bad," I responded dryly. All I wanted to do was go back home and sleep with my mate's cloth against my nose.

I walked up his stairs and paused, waiting for him to invite us in. The plan was to discuss the hunt in his office until we have the route figured out, even though I already planned the entire thing, and then go on a hunt with him and his warriors.

"Please, c-come in," Darren mumbled awkwardly.

He opened his front door and left it open for me. Litton and I walked in behind him.

Luna Kierra was sitting on the sofa with their four sons. They were all laughing, like a family. They turned and bowed their heads in respect.

"Lovely seeing you again, King Archer, Delta Litton." Kierra greeted with a grin.

Luna Kierra wasn't one to lead. She referred to stay in the house, taking care of her older children, while Darren took care of all the pack things.

Of course, there isn't anything wrong with that but I knew that isn't what I want for my mate and myself. I wanted to lead the pack together and raise our children together.

I looked at their sons, not exactly remembering all their names, but I knew they have a daughter too.

"You as well. Don't you have another child?" I asked politely, even though I was right. Thana was the youngest and the only daughter. She was a sweet girl and I always made sure to say hi to her when I came around.

A look of annoyance crossed Darren's face as Kierra just looked away. I didn't like that at all.

"She's in the kitchen." One of the sons answered for her. I think he was the youngest son. Hayden, maybe?

"I'll meet you two in your office, Darren. I want to say hi to Thana." I stated, not bothering to ask. I walked over to the kitchen and immediately saw her scrubbing at some dishes.

Thana is a beautiful girl; she really is. But she's very small.

There were some complications with her birth and she was born prematurely. Thana and Kierra were both lucky to be alive. But due to Thana's prematurity, she was born without a wolf.

It's not rare but its definitely not common. Since she's small and doesn't have the traits of a werewolf, her parents don't let her leave the house very often. I feel bad.

"Thana?" Her head snapped to me and she grinned when she realized it was me.

"Archer!" She squealed and wrapped her thin arms around my waist. I hugged her back, as gently as I could. The last thing I wanted to do was harm her.

My wolf was fond of Thana in the same way he is fond of Bella. He's protective of her, and he felt bad for her. Being wolfless in a family that strived on having a powerful wolf couldn't be good for her mental health.

"How're you doing?" She smiled and tightened her arms around me. It was odd how affectionate she is compared to her family.

"Good! Dad's letting me train with my brothers!" She exclaimed with a huge smile.

"That's great, Thana. I have to go talk to your father but I wanted to check up on you first."

Her face dropped but she smiled again a few seconds later.

"You'll say bye to me before you leave, right?" She asked with a hopeful glint in her green eyes.

"Of course." I placed a small kiss on her forehead and left the room.

If I had it my way, Thana would be either leaving with her family with a group of trainers and doctors that were trained enough to know what to do with a wolfless girl or she'd live in my pack, where all of those doctors are a few rooms down.

Darren and Litton were waiting for me patiently with the air thick with tension.

"Tell me where you want to start and what land you want to cover in a reasonable time, and we'll work from there," I stated while taking a seat in front of his desk.

Darren laid out a large map of the land and started to ramble about where the rogue hit and where he thinks she's going to go.

He thought she would go south but my mate isn't stupid. I think she's going to head north, closer to my pack. However, he doesn't need to know that. So, I agreed with him.

We discussed the topic for an hour or two. I mainly let him talk, me ever so often putting my 'input'. My mate was heading north, I could just feel it. So, all I had to do was steer away from the idea of hunting north.

And pray to the moon goddess that I was right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you enjoy the chapter?

Any predictions for the next chapter? I'll be updating in less than a week, hopefully.

If you could instantly be fluent in any language, what language would you pick? I would pick French or Hebrew.

Until I update again,

-L👑😘💕