I turn the faucet on as I put his hand below the running water, washing away the blood from his hand. He was hissing in pain and his breathing was a bit ragged.

"What the hell did you do? Bakit ka nahulog? At bakit nasa itaas ka ng puno?" Salubong ang kilay na tanong ko sa kanya. I was still looking on his wound, trying to get rid of all the debris.

"I was just trying to get the kite. Nasabit kasi sa puno... And I didn't fall. I felt that I was about to fall so I just jumped instead and my hand landed on the wood that has a rusty nail. Hindi ko napansin." He explained.

"Why didn't you just let that damn kite there? Pwede ka namang gumawa ng bago! Hindi ka nag-iingat!" Inis kong sabi sa kanya.

"I didn't know that this is going to happen..." He explained.

"Because accidents happen in a blink of an eye, Ciel. Hindi naman 'yan magte-text sa'yo para balitaan ka na mahuhulog ka sa puno within this day!" I said, giving him a quick glare.

"Hindi nga kasi ako nahulog." Pangangatwiran niya. "And is this how you handle your patients? By scolding at them?" He added, flinching because of his injury.

I look up to him. "No. But I'm making you an exception." I said, narrowing my eyes at him before looking down on his injury.

"That's sweet," his voice was low yet full of sarcasm.

Hindi na lang ako sumagot. Ayaw ko nang makipagtalo sa kanya.

I let out a sigh. Closing the lid of the toilet and making him sit there. He rested the back of his injured hand on his thigh while staring at me.

I avoided his gaze, turning my back on him to open the small cabinet to get the first aid kit. Bagamat nakatalikod na ako ay ramdam ko pa rin ang mga mata niyang pinapanood bawat galaw ko.

He should stop staring at me... he's making it so hard for me to focus.

I clenched my jaw before gathering all my strength to face him.

"Give me your hand," I said, holding his wrist. I rested the back of his palm on the side of the sink before disinfecting it carefully.

I was thinking of resting his hand on my thigh but the thought of his skin touching against mine is killing me. I don't want to die yet. The side of the sink will do.

His deep brown eyes were still fixed at me, I can feel every piercing gaze he gives and the way his knee touches mine makes my heart thump loudly inside my chest.

I subtly swallowed the forming lump in my throat. "When was your last tetanus immunization?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"I don't know... Around ten or twelve?" He said, unsure. And his damn eyes are still on me! Wala na ba itong ibang alam na titigan?

"Tagal na rin. I'm gonna have to give you a booster after dressing your wound." I said, giving him a glance.

I met his eyes and his jaw clenched. "Was that necessary?" He quietly said, his brows creasing.

Muli akong nagbaba sa sugat niya bago sumagot.

"Yes. It's necessary. I don't want to put you to the risk of having a lockjaw. We don't know where that rusty nail came from." I said. "H'wag kang mag-alala, mas masakit pa 'tong napako mo kaysa sa karayom mamaya." I added as I applied antibiotics to his wound.

He didn't answer, he just watched me and every move I make.

"I'm gonna visit you after every duty to change your dressing. Sabihan mo ako kaagad kapag nagka allergic reaction ka sa antibiotics na inilagay ko." I carefully instructed him while covering his wound with bandage.